Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers — whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
We’re small, we’re fast paced, we work on multiple projects, each week and we always over-deliver. You can think of us as an “internal creative agency” with the benefit of having skin in the game because everything you do here matters in terms of impacting the bottom line. You will learn more in a year working on a team of very talented all-star creatives than than you would in 5 anywhere else. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and hungry graphic designer experienced in creating digital, web graphics, print graphics and visual content.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Graphic Designer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of both print and digital with an emphasis on UX/UI design principles, as well as the ability to create visually appealing and conversion-optimized landing pages, social ads, and emails. In this role, you will be responsible for working with clients to understand their needs, designing and developing landing pages that meet their goals, and tracking the performance of those pages to ensure that they are effective. Additionally, you’ll be designing static social ads, alongside our motion designers, as well as be expected to help out with various smaller design tasks that will help you to learn the in’s and out’s of fast-paced design and improve your workflow through learning core skills: decision making, analysis, and organization as it relates to both design and marketing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services
- Increase user-friendliness in digital products
- High-quality and attention-grabbing images that grab the users’ attention and improve the brand’s credibility
- Visually compelling infographics that present valuable information about your company in a compelling way
- Knowledge of paid media best practices and ability to ideate outside of what’s requested/expected
- Knowledge of how to interpret media results analytics and suggest next steps/adjustments based on data
- This includes providing the best possible user experience for the large chunk of your audience that consists of mobile users.
- Ensure that all the graphic elements are consistent in terms of style, colors, and message that ensures a consistent and cohesive look in brand
- Works both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Collaborates with a wide array of stakeholders and cross functioning teams
- Stays current with industry trends and emerging technologies; makes recommendations based on new developments and best practices
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, visual communication or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic design or related fields.
- Must be willing to work in an energetic, team-based environment (currently fully remote).
- Proficiency in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- An understanding of related apps such as Adobe XD, Premiere, After Effects is a plus.
- Web Development Language such as understanding of HTML, CSS and WordPress CMS
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of typography, branding, and color theory in portfolio.
- Demonstrate ability to create visual content for a range of mediums and platforms including social media platforms, mobile devices, iOS and desktop.
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Agency-minded and scrappy, able to react quickly and outside of planned parameters when necessary
- Able to quickly adjust to feedback, ability to move forward without all the pieces perfectly aligned
- Able to pull a 180 and be comfortable with dealing with unexpected changes in direction
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Ability to clear required background check
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is virtual and open to residents of the 50 states, D.C.
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of the range.
- We anticipate the salary range to be $41,373.75 to $66,189.00. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. This salary is not guaranteed, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)