Under the general direction of the President & Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Group Vice President, Customer Success is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, quality, and output of PowerSchool Customer Success Managers, who provide dynamic advocacy for our award-winning K- 12 software systems customers. This position is primarily responsible for positively impacting retention and renewal rates. This professional will be leading teams that ensure results are delivered with PowerSchool products and services by quantifying the value, driving adoption, sharing best practices, answering business questions, identifying opportunities, and developing strategic goals and objectives. This position is PowerSchool’s most valuable asset, to advocate for our customers. This position relies heavily on personal accountability for results, a willingness to go ‘the extra mile’ for PowerSchool customers and a collaborative approach that brings the best to every customer. Additionally, this position will contribute to our strategies to execute on the best customer experience and guiding the team to maximize retention through a data-driven, strategic mind-set to rapidly develop plans, measure results, and iterate. This role requires strong cross functional leadership across teams to deliver orchestrated customer experiences that create value for our customers and extend customer lifetime value.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Deliver on the vision and strategic plan for the Customer Success organization, focusing on driving product adoption, leading a positive customer experience, and driving growth through retention improvements.
- Drive customer outcomes, product adoption and customer experience leveraging customer success best practices.
- Define and deliver on a culture of continuous improvement.
- Drive operational practices to track performance of teams and individuals.
- Work closely with the sales management and Regional Directors to align on strategies, renewal forecasting, coverage plans, and account opportunities.
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores.
- Reduce churn and drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference ability.
- Develop strategies, translate them into initiatives and track successful delivery.
- Address escalated client issues with speed and urgency, orchestrating resources across the company as appropriate.
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem solving, communication, delegation, and planning.
- Able to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity.
- Deliver transformational leadership so that the team is highly motivated and engaged.
- Be an inspirational role model by challenging and maximizing the strength of the team and aligning all efforts to the mission and vision of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead managers and successfully manage global, distributed teams across cultures, lines of business, and geographies
- Possess a strong management presence and leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate leaders and teams
- Experience successfully working with senior (C-level) executives
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 10+ years of leadership experience in a SaaS or subscription enterprise software company
- 10 years+ experience leading strong customer success organizations, including customer success managers, account management, or sales teams.
- K12, Government, Public sector experience preferred.
- Strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
- Impressive executive leadership presence and communication abilities
- Passion for education and for being a part of a fast-growing SaaS company
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g. Sales, Product, Marketing, Services)
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Flexible approach, able to operate effectively with uncertainty and change
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a “can do” attitude
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Salesforce and CRM experience
- Strong Excel and Gainsight experience highly preferred
- Needs to reside in/within driving distance of Folsom as this is a hybrid role based in our Folsom office.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree; preference for computer science or related degrees
Compensation & Benefits
PowerSchool offers the following benefits:
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including Medical, Dental, Vision, Pharmacy benefits, Life Insurance and AD&D)
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Comprehensive 401(k) plan
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unrestricted paid time off (known as Discretionary Time Off - DTO)
- Paid Community and Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Wellness Program, including ClassPass& Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Optional Benefits: Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Student Debt Repayment Program and Prepaid Legal coverage.
A reasonable estimate of the base compensation range for this position is $250,000– $275,000. The compensation range is specific to the United States and incorporates many factors including but not limited to an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience and training; licensures, degrees, and certifications; internal equity; internal pay ranges; and market data/range parameters.
PowerSchool is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. PowerSchool is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Our inclusive culture empowers PowerSchoolers to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation regarding our recruiting process, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.