The Group Vice President (GVP), Technical Support is a key leadership role that is responsible for providing a world-class frictionless support experience to PowerSchool’s 15,000 Customers. This position is responsible for the overall vision, direction, coordination, and quality of the technical support for our award-winning K-12 software systems, that suit the needs of districts and administrators worldwide. This position ensures that our global support team provides world-class solutions-oriented technical support with a strong focus on proactive customer service designed to maximize customer satisfaction while minimizing customer friction. This will define strategy and vision for the organization through the lens of Customer experience, with a focus on frictionless proactive support, which is only ever one click away from our customers and their key users. This role will also be laser-focused on driving process improvements while motivating others to accurately analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve software or system-related issues.
In addition to the responsibility of leading our Technical Support organization, the GVP, Technical Support will also be responsible for leading our Digital Customer Experience Function. This leader will be responsible for driving company focus to create and provide an ‘Easy Button’ experience for our customers where help is only ever one ‘click away’, regardless of where customers is on their journey, whether in-product, via website, or through Customer Community.
Additionally, the GVP, Technical Support will also be responsible for overseeing our Critical Account Program, ensuring exceptional customer satisfaction, and driving revenue growth from our most valuable customers. providing the highest level of escalation management for customer issues that are jeopardizing the PowerSchool business relationship and/or sales opportunities with key customers.
The Group Vice President, Technical Support will look to set a new standard for customer experience for support, that will result in best-in-class Customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drive company-wide definition of ideal customer support experience
- Create a persona-based customer support experience
- Implement strategy, change management, on a large scale
- Ensure highest levels of Customer satisfaction across all support engagements
- Establish and Monitor Customer 360-degree experience through multi-dimensional data and reporting
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall improved Customer health scores
- Create and drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Enhance effectiveness and efficiency through technology: support systems, reference, and advocacy solutions
- Develop Industry best practices around proactive & self-service support
- Share customer experience through subset of metrics to executive team, company, and board
- Recruit, attract, and retain experienced leaders and individual contributors
- Foster collaboration within team and across customer lifecycle
- Align with Product around driving product roadmap through the lens of Customer experience
- Align with Sales around cross-sell and up-sell and focus on selling with a retention focus
- Align with Finance around budget, measurement and forecasting
- Align with Executive Team around key metrics and objectives
- Encourage continuous learning within team
- Flexibility to work at variably changing shift times Monitors and drives all performance goals
- Lead weekly staff meetings, and conduct regular employee one-on-one sessions, quarterly and annual reviews
- Work with direct reports to understand and prioritize product issues
- All other duties as assigned
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 15+ years’ experience in leading strong global technical support, operations, and/or customer success organizations
- 10+ years’ experience in executive level leadership across direct, regional, and cross functional teams
- Strong SaaS (Software as a Service) and Salesforce experience required
- K12, Govt, Public sector experience preferred
- Ideally combined background of post-sale and sales experience
- Ability to thrive with a heavy workload and multiple projects with frequent interruptions and schedule changes
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Ability to coach and mentor leadership employees
- Superior trouble shooting and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Analytical, data, and process-oriented mindset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Bachelor’s degree; preference for computer science or related degrees; or relevant experience
- Needs to reside in/within driving distance of Folsom as this is a hybrid role based in our Folsom office.
Compensation & Benefits
PowerSchool offers the following benefits:
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including Medical, Dental, Vision, Pharmacy benefits, Life Insurance and AD&D)
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Comprehensive 401(k) plan
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unrestricted paid time off (known as Discretionary Time Off - DTO)
- Paid Community and Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Wellness Program, including ClassPass& Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Optional Benefits: Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Student Debt Repayment Program and Prepaid Legal coverage
A reasonable estimate of the base compensation range for this position is $194,000 – $235,000. The compensation range is specific to the United States and incorporates many factors including but not limited to an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience and training; licensures, degrees, and certifications; internal equity; internal pay ranges; and market data/range parameters.
PowerSchool is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. PowerSchool is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Our inclusive culture empowers PowerSchoolers to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation regarding our recruiting process, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.