Head of Marketing, Skills for Students
Marketing /Location: Remote, New York (Northeast in general)
Chegg is launching a new program as part of Chegg Study to help students become more employable and help them launch their careers. Today, 40% of college students are under-employed and in many cases, they need hard & soft skills to break into careers & get a return on their degree. We’re looking for a Head of Marketing to own traffic & demand for this initiative.
In this role, you will focus primarily on driving organic traffic through partnerships, content marketing, CRM & integration with Chegg Study. You’ll build & manage a team of marketers & will work cross-functionally to leverage Chegg’s capabilities across traffic, audience, content, brand & marketing operations to deliver on your goals. You’ll report directly to the GM for Skills for Students.
- Help define the size of the marketing opportunity in the near & long-term
- Responsible for SEO and content strategy for the initiative, generating high-quality traffic & signups, and growing that channel over time. Partner with internal SEO resources, external consultants, and content agencies.
- Own forecasting & attribution for traffic and sign-ups for skills programs
- Responsible for conversation rate optimization across the skills programs, ensuring pages meet customer expectations and A/B Tests to improve lead capture.
- Responsible for Paid Marketing campaign strategy and budgets. Work with Marketing Operations to ensure consistency of campaign performance.
- Work with product & instructional design to ensure content development aligns with the top-of-funnel opportunity and ensure the content is highly discoverable
- Manage a team of marketers across SEO, paid & CRM
- Partner across the organization, be proactive in communication, and actively manage stakeholder expectations.
- 8+ years of digital marketing experience, with a track record of building & validating strategies to drive organic traffic
- Highly analytical & adaptable works effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize work in a deadline-driven atmosphere
This position can be based anywhere in the United States. The pay range for this position is $116,960 - $289,614. The actual pay will vary based on professional experience, job type, hiring location, course type and other factors.
In addition, Chegg offers medical, dental, vision, life and supplemental life insurance, short-and long-term disability, mental health support, parental leave, paid time off, volunteer time off, paid holidays, 401(k) with matching, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, an Employee Referral Program, Tuition Reimbursement, and a variety of perks designed to meet employees where they are.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student
shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, Chegg Writing, Chegg Internships, Thinkful Online Learning, and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Chegg out our culture and benefits!
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer