Great Minds, a rapidly growing, mission driven Public Benefits Corporation (PBC) that develops high quality knowledge building curricula for grades PK-12, seeks a Project Manager to join our growing Humanities team.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our curricula, Wit & Wisdom®; Geodes; Eureka Math™; and PhD Science™ all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1100 people.
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math™ is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka Math™ and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom® and PhD Science™, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Project Manager supports the ELA team at Great Minds by ensuring that projects are planned, scheduled, and executed on time and within budget by following standard processes and procedures grounded in best practice for project management. The Project Manager coordinates multiple functional teams responsible for the production and delivery of Great Minds ELA curriculum and ancillary products in support of the content development, marketing, sales, and customer success departments.
The ideal candidate will have a sharp business mind and a proven ability to strategize and implement high-level program initiatives. While the work is remote and the ideal candidate works well independently, this is also a highly collaborative position, necessitating a strong sense of teamwork and cooperation.
- Implement established Great Minds processes and procedures in alignment with industry best practices for project management across multiple projects
- During the project initiation and planning stages of development, create tools to document the scope, project constraints and risks, communications systems, budget trackers, change requests and risk mitigation strategies
- Work with ELA team to develop a project scope, outcomes, timeline, workflow and priorities against the product roadmap
- Recommend to ELA Leadership Team the needed resources critical to project planning and execution
- Organize and monitor production schedules and necessary pre-launch trainings, assign tasks to established resources, and monitor the overall work of the project team
- Monitor project task completion with ongoing focus on the project critical path by obtaining regular updates from project staff regarding status and take immediate corrective action as required
- Anticipate, document, manage project risks, and develop risk mitigation strategies
- Provide support to ELA Leadership Team and Product Manager on all assigned projects including resource allocation management
- Ensure and adhere to a task- and deadline-driven work-flow by completing the appropriate scope and sequence of work within the timeline required at each phase
- Develop a comprehensive project communication plan and make sure all key stakeholders and project staff are regularly informed of progress to goal as well as new information and rapidly occurring developments
- Act as a liaison with internal and external stakeholders, ensure adequate information is communicated in a timely manner, identify and address issues, provide support and guidance, and coordinate activities in line with the project plan
- At least three years of project management experience
- Willingness to build upon the best practices established by the ELA project management team, while possessing a spirit of inquiry about which practices need to change to align to the vision for the ELA team
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple, complex projects simultaneously without missing critical deadlines
- Proven track record demonstrating personal accountability, urgency, and persistence in completing high-quality work products, preferably in a fast-paced publishing environment
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to produce precise, error-free work while adhering to editorial guidelines and processes
- Sound organizational habits necessary for successful goal setting, project management, collaborative decision making, deadline execution, and record keeping
- Ability to make solutions-oriented decisions through flexible thinking in an ambiguous, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Effective analytical and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and persuasion skills
- Ability to anticipate project roadblocks and develop creative solutions both within and across projects to meet goals
- Strong written, verbal, and social communication skills needed to incorporate different points of view in service of developing a high quality product
- Demonstrated experience communicating well and working collaboratively within a team and across teams
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe CC; Smartsheet, or similar project management software; and Microsoft SharePoint/Sites or other similar distributed storage and collaboration systems
- Familiarity with a mindset that values an iterative cycle of ideation, thought partnering, prototyping, drafting, development, review, and revision
- Experience and the aptitude to maintain a positive attitude under tight timelines and with multiple competing priorities
- Completed PMP or other relevant certification
- Avid commitment to and concern for details required in accomplishing a task, no matter how small
- Ability to remain flexible in an ambiguous, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency at both working independently and collaborating as part of a team
- Capacity to embrace a learner mindset that is receptive to feedback with a focus on reflective practice
- Positivity in all situations, bringing proactive problem-solving orientation to every task
- Commitment to high standards and continuous improvement
- Passion for and commitment to the importance of high-quality, knowledge-rich curriculum
- Appreciation for the challenges and victories faced everyday by classroom teachers
- Deep belief that every child is capable of greatness
- Future travel (5-10%) may be required
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org
. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.