Our Civil Group
offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The NISC IV program has an opening for an instructional Designer to support the Federal Aviation Administration. The Instructional Designer will provide facility and technical training support services in a wide range of areas supporting the National Airspace System (NAS) implementation programs for the Office of Facility Management at the FAA Mike Monroney Aeronautical. Responsibilities will include creating technical training documentation and developing course materials for both classroom instruction and e-learning of the system modules and user benefits.
Specifically, the applicant will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Comfortable and proficient with recording Audio narration for e-learning training sessions
- Experience developing training content, including training slides, Closed Captioning, Menus, Quizzes, Video Demos, and Interactive Software Simulation within Captivate / e-learning systems
- Familiarity with using SCORM data elements for use in creating content for a Learning Management System.
- Technical writing experience – translating detailed/complex system instructions into easy to understand step-by-step guides for users.
- Proficient in PowerPoint presentation development.
- Comfortable presenting instructor-led training to users in a classroom setting and/or web meetings.
- Experience documenting business processes/needs into system requirement presentations and documentation.
- Graphic Design skills.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems and Course/User Interface Design.
- Experience providing user support.
- Attention to detail, consistency, and standards.
- Desire and ability to learn new information in a quick and efficient manner.
- Possess strong work ethic and organizational skills, with the ability to be flexible, work under deadlines and handle multiple projects.
- Must have strong English grammar and writing skills alongside technical aptitude.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Must have at least 1-year of recent related work experience using Adobe Captivate.
- Knowledge of facility management concepts and/or ARCHIBUS or other Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) such as Tri Riga or Maximo is beneficial
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program
, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies
” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $75,000.00 - $101,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at LeidosCareersFraud@leidos.com
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.