WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
This role works as part of Live Nation University (LNU), a team dedicated to elevating employee experiences from onboarding to higher-level career development. They’ll help to build and maintain learning content for the LNU programs that’s applicable to our employees and reflective of our culture. It’s important that this person can apply learning theory/models, best practices, and trends, while maintaining knowledge of cutting-edge approaches in order to drive lasting impact.
We’re looking for someone who has graphic and branding excellence and can build presentation decks, facilitator guides/scripts, print materials and online learning modules to support the goals of LNU. This role supports the Instructional Design Manager to deliver timely and scalable learning solutions for a global organization.
Position can be remote or hybrid.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
- Builds engaging digital and instructor-led trainings to support Live Nation employee development.
- Applies subject matter expertise in instructional design and resource development, leveraging tested adult learning theories, methods, and practice.
- Ideates with the team on the right learning solutions, design, and technologies to serve a global audience.
- Builds facilitator guides and storyboards, and leverages storytelling skills to translate ideas into scripted, interactive/immersive learning content (digital and/or instructor-led).
- Creates instructional materials/media across varied delivery methods (instructor-led training, video production, e-learning, performance support, etc.)
- Assesses and implements necessary learning checks and appropriate engagement tactics to evaluate impact of learning programs.
- Updates and maintains LNU training content and learning libraries.
- Works with various stakeholders and SMEs across the business to ensure content meets learning objectives and accurately reflects Live Nation culture, business, and priorities.
- Builds in Diversity & Inclusion considerations into all learning solutions.
- Researches and makes recommendations for latest approaches to stay up to date with modern learning and employee development tactics (ex: flex work, leadership, and employee development).
- Maintains the Live Nation branding; works with the Instructional Design Manager to ensure visual consistency and graphical excellence across all LNU trainings and resources.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years’ experience with instructional design in a variety of modalities (in-person, virtual, eLearning, micro-learning etc.) for complex businesses with a spectrum of employee types (i.e. from entry-level to executive).
- Knowledge in instructional design, learning & development models, and adult learning theory with the ability to apply modern learning techniques.
- Proven work experience in instructional and graphic design (portfolio work preferred).
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud components, video and audio editing, Microsoft 365 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design or related discipline. Ideal candidate will have specialization in Instructional Systems Design or Educational Technology.
- Exceptional presentation skills effective for/with a variety of audiences.
- Ability to present a clear, thorough content strategy to various audiences and articulate how this approach supports the learning objectives.
- Ability to consult with diverse stakeholders and SMEs within a broad, decentralized business.
- As needed, can conduct Train the Trainer sessions for audiences at varied skill levels
- Organized and strong communicator (written and verbal).
- Strong client service and problem-solving skills with the ability to execute in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, as well as work closely and collaborate with others as part of a highly decentralized organization and hybrid team.
- Experience in entertainment, live music, or related industry
- Advanced degree a plus
- Digital learning software experience (i.e. Articulate, Captivate, etc.) and learning animation software knowledge
- Experience with learning management (LMS) software/applications
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our motto is ‘Taking Care of Our Own’ through 6 pillars of benefits:
- HEALTH: Medical, Vision and Dental benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- YOURSELF: Generous paid time off policy including paid holidays, sick time and paid days off for your birthday, Free concert tickets
- WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program
- FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and childcare cash, infertility support
- CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
- OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
Live Nation’s policy regarding vaccinations and masking will evolve based upon updated regulations and factors related to COVID-19. Currently, we strongly encourage employees to be fully vaccinated or have received a negative COVID test within  hours of entering an office.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job
Live Nation recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
The expected compensation for this position in California is:$68,000.00 USD - $85,000.00 USD
**Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the California Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements Law. It is estimated based on what a successful California applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in California or perform the position from California. Similar positions located outside of California will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Live Nation takes into consideration a candidate’s education, training, and experience, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the California Law, a potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.