Who We Are
Magnit is the future of work. Serving hundreds of the world’s most recognizable brands for the past 30+ years, Magnit offers the industry’s first holistic platform for the modern workforce. Magnit's integrated workforce management (IWM) platform supported by data, software, intelligence, and best-in-class services team is key to our clients’ success. It can adapt quickly to regional or industry economic shifts, and provides the speed, scale, flexibility, transparency, and expertise required to meet an organization’s contingent workforce management, talent strategy and broader organization goals. At Magnit, you’ll work with passionate colleagues who collaborate and deliver meaningful results that positively transform the largest companies around the globe.
About the Role
Magnit’s Learning & Development team supports 75,000 global learners, including employees, contingent workers, and clients. We develop, market, and deliver new hire and professional development content across our customer base. The Instructional Designer delivers well-designed, professional, effective, and engaging learning experiences and solutions at scale and customized as needed. Our IDs also partner with skills experts to bring knowledge to the business.
The ideal candidate has an innate curiosity, is as excited to build from scratch as to improve existing content to improve ROI and effectiveness, and has broad experience in technical documentation, customer training, curriculum and eLearning development, and creating behavioral change through learning experiences. To be successful, you will need to combine project management know-how, clear communication, and knowledge of adult learning to drive successful delivery of training materials. We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced, and efficient designer with high EQ that can manage large projects with a global team.
Day in the Life
Daily activities may include designing standard and custom curricula for learners, building eLearning, video, or live/virtual training content, preparing supplemental materials, and interfacing with experts and stakeholders. Specific activities will vary as the function grows, so adaptability is key. You will be a part of a collaborative team, committed to excellence and driving growth for our colleagues and clients. Expect to be challenged, supported, and rewarded.
What You Will Do:
- Build relationships and collaborate across functions and levels.
- Communicate complex concepts concisely and clearly, demonstrating excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Develop an understanding of business needs and the differences across various clients.
- Design, develop, and build learning and assessment materials to help learners accomplish their goals.
- Manage global projects with multiple stakeholders, demonstrating proactive and independent problem solving.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree or certification preferred.
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing, and testing e-learning content, preferably with a consulting firm or professional, established company.
- Experience creating instructional and certification documentation.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service with a keen ability to optimize customer engagement and evangelize products.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a global employee base and success in virtual or remote environments.
- Demonstrated competence in MS Office Suite, PowerPoint, Articulate, Camtasia, Audacity, Snagit, and AI authoring or development tools.
- Solutions-oriented, adaptable, and accountable critical thinker that thrives when granted autonomy.
Salary Range is between $60,000 - $80,000 based on experience and location.
What Magnit will Offer You
At Magnit,you’ll be joining an innovative, high-growth environment and can quickly make an impact to help transform the largest companies in the world. You will work with passionate colleagues who collaborate and deliver. Magnit offers all employees the opportunity for growth and development, and we want individuals to fulfill their potential and blaze their own trails!
Magnit will offer you a competitive benefits package, including unlimited PTO, medical,
dental, and vision coverage, retirement planning, as well as discounts and perks for tickets, travel, merchandise and more! Magnit encourages employees to participate in giving back, and we will match employee contributions to favorite charities and support corporate volunteering hours to make a difference in your community!
If this role isn’t for you
Stay in touch, we will let you know when we have new positions on the team. To see a complete list of our open career opportunities please visit
To do our best work we need different viewpoints. Therefore, we celebrate diversity and embrace inclusion.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are dedicated to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We strive to ensure that we maintain a positive and enriching work environment for all.