Job ID 40112
Location Queens, New York
Organization Human Resources
Department Learning Technical US
National Grid is hiring an Instructional Designer. This is a hybrid position which is located in the Queens, NY location.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
To deliver high quality learning experiences that meet clients' technical, regulatory and safety learning needs through a blended learning approach and support the design and development of learning solutions.
Design and develop training curricula and innovative learning solutions to effectively meet the learning needs of the workforce. Responsible for ensuring training content complies with all regulatory requirements and company policies. Take the lead in implementing best practices and developing cross functional teams.
• Partner with internal customer groups to understand the business training goals and timelines for development.
• Analyze training needs associated with the introduction of new equipment, procedures, and technology to ensure the validity of job specific training content.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts to create learning plans, detailed course outlines, and learning content.
• Obtain stakeholder approval of content to ensure consistent quality of learning solutions across National Grid.
• Develop exams and evaluations to assess the effectiveness of training and enable continuous improvement.
• Conduct “train the trainer” sessions and other training delivery to ensure instructors can deliver training consistently and effectively.
• Actively research and implement instructional best practices and new learning technology to ensure that effective learning methods are incorporated into National Grid’s programs.
• Manage vendor relationships with regard to the design and development of training products to ensure adherence to standards and best outcomes for National Grid.
• Manage client learning requests and monitor progress of all design projects.
• Evaluate and modify existing training programs to ensure continuous improvement and compliance with all regulatory, environmental, safety, and contractual obligations.
• Technical Gas Operations experience and knowledge of safety policies, procedures, standards, and regulatory requirements desired but not required.
• Professional experience in a corporate learning and development environment.
• Instructional design work including adult learning methodology.
• Utilize a blended learning approach with modern learning technology and best practices
• Familiarity with HRMS and Learning Management Systems such as SAP SuccessFactors.
• Project management experience.
• Previous supervisory experience and/or advanced education are considered a plus.
• Skilled in computer applications including Office 365
• Proficient in digital authoring tools such as Articulate 360 and Adobe Creative Cloud.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to successfully prioritize and handle multiple complex tasks and projects
$74K - $87K a year
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.