Robolink is looking for an Instructional Designer who will build educational content and materials for our products.
Robolink is a San Diego-based edtech company founded in 2012 that makes robotics kits for education. We believe in the power of learning through collaboration and working towards a common goal in a competition setting. Our latest product is a drone meant to be used in the classroom and at competitions in the education space. We are leading the way in drone education by working with our partners in building the largest educational drone competition in the K-12 space.
- Lead projects through the design lifecycle, providing clear timelines through all phases, communicating with key partners
- Leverage appropriate learning modalities (eLearning, instructor-led etc.); and manage the development of instructional materials (tutorials, digital activities, user guides, audio and video scripts, story boards, navigational text, tests, etc.) with input from collaborators.
- Develops exercises, tutorials, job aids, assessments, and other methods of learning including social or connected learning strategies.
- Review and test current curriculum offerings, providing feedback, technical writing support, and suggestions for improvement.
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support learning
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, Instructional or Educational Technology, Learning Design, or related disciplines.
- 3+ years of proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology.
- Able to discuss programming concepts with product and engineering team to create appropriate learning experiences.
- Ability to present training and tutorials to large groups
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of training methodologies, instructional design, and learning management systems.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strategic and organizational planning skills.
- Proficiency in audio/video editing software, e.g., Camtasia, Vyond.
- Proficiency in various tools Wordpress, HTML, Photoshop, Rise360, Adobe, and other relevant authoring tools.
- Knowledge of core education standards such as CCSS, NGSS, CSTA and how to apply them to curriculum content
- 2+ years project management experience is preferred.
- Classroom experience teaching robotics, coding, or engineering
- Experience organizing robotics competition events, such as FIRST or VEX
- Experience with drones
- Experience with CoDrone EDU
- Experience with programming languages such as Python
$35 - $45 per hour