Janssen Supply Group, LLC, part of Janssen Supply Chain (JSC), is recruiting an Instructional Designer, located in Titusville - NJ/North America, or Leiden - the Netherlands, or Breda - the Netherlands, or Beerse - Belgium, or Latina – Italy or Schaffhausen- Switzerland, or Allschwil-Switzerland. Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
We, the Janssen Supply Group, LLC are a part of Janssen Supply Chain, a global organization responsible for supplying medicines to markets around the world. With Quality as our primary focus, our group strives to provide access and affordability through innovation and strong collaboration with our R&D and Commercial partners to deliver life changing solutions for patients in need. JSC Global Planning’s mission is to “Ensure reliable product availability to our patients by applying leading planning processes across the supply chain”
The Instructional Designer (Design Lead) will join the Product Artwork (PA) COE, Manufacturing, Science and Technology (MSAT-JSC) organization, which consists of 30 employees and over 30 contractors, located around the globe. PA COE owns the life cycle of all artworks (leaflets, Instructions for Use, labels, folding boxes, foils) for the entire Janssen product portfolio, representing about 8,000 SKUs with more than 10,000 product artwork changes and 300 new product/ SKU launches annually!
THE PA COE IS STRUCTURED IN THREE MAIN PILLARS:
- Coordination: leads E2E Artwork activities (creation; proofreading; prioritization)
- Operational Excellence: leads Artwork Management Systems & Processes; Vendor Management Optimization; Performance Oversight Process; Quality & Compliance.
- Design: This is the area of the open position! This group owns Artwork Design Guidelines, Development and Design of Instruction for Use (IFU's); Packaging Innovation& Design forum; Global Design and IFU's of secondary packaging artwork for new product launches.
For new product launches:
- Lead development and design of Instructions for Use (IFUs) and partner with Human factors to achieve an optimal outcome.
- Lead creation of Global Design Intents for secondary packaging artwork that meet the needs of our customers and ensure compliance of the Product Artwork Design guidelines.
- Lead creation of the Design guidelines and guide the Coordination team to build consistent, global design mock-ups and production artwork in compliance with the design guidelines.
- Lead Design decisions driven by customer-centered design principles.
- Own internal Product Artwork approval of draft mock-ups for submission to Health Authority (FDA/EMA).
- Partner with R&D, Commercial, Global Labelling and the ERMC (European Regulatory Management Center) to ensure optimal usability and regulatory compliance for all mock-ups & artworks.
For Lifecycle Products:
- Build design strategies using Janssen and Product Brand positioning and ensure consistency of global product artwork.
- Develop innovative design solutions and create framework or optimization across all Janssen Secondary Packaging & Artwork.
- Lead and promote Packaging Innovation & Design projects and build the high-level cost-benefit analysis.
- Actively participate in an enthusiastic and motivated team.
- Maintain performance metric culture attitude (Key Performance Indicators: Reduction of customer complaints, meet or unmet customer needs and/or preferences, Cost Reduction & Revenue Generation).
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Design, Corporate Identity, Marketing or some other business related field is required.
- 6+ years related experience in Graphic Design in a design agency or related industry.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Professional experience in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experience in IFU development (pharma)
- Experience with Human Factors principles and processes
- A robust portfolio, demonstrating design thinking abilities and understanding of secondary packaging design, IFUS', customer requirements & usability
- Experience working in an international (virtual) team and diverse environment across different time zones
- Understanding of customer insights, based on Human Factor studies and ability to apply and translate those insights into Design strategies.
- Experience leading multiple projects and strengthening collaboration with cross-functional teams (ability to negotiate, building commitment within a team, time management, critical thinking)
- Excellent storytelling and presentation skills in English and the ability to engage partners
Pharma Supply Chain processes knowledge; UX Design experience.
Up to 10% domestic & international travel
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com (http://www.careers.jnj.com)