Chegg is looking for its first Instructional Designer (Contractor) for our Skills for Students (SFS) team to help build, iterate and elevate our catalog of skills content designed to enable subject matter expertise across a multitude of career paths for college students.
This role will create innovative learning experiences by building compelling stories and interactive content that teach top skills across the most popular entry-level job roles and internships. Some specific content areas include software engineering, data & analytics, finance, and more. This professional would have a demonstrated track record of building highly consumable content at lightspeed and taking weekly learnings to improve engagement.
- Conduct and synthesize user research to scope topics for skill programs
- Liaise with the team and potential vendors to identify appropriate learning objectives and build content in an agile fashion
- Conceptualize, write, and produce bite-sized skills programs based on user feedback and engagement data, consistent with learning theory.
- Research, curate and provide learning solutions and product recommendations that ensure a highly engaging user experience.
- Devise modes of assessment to measure the effectiveness of the skills content and promote retention.
- Improve skill programs through analyzing engagement and completion data and interviewing learners.
- Maintain project documentation, content analytics and content organization to ensure decisions are data-informed and deadlines are met
- 5+ years of in-depth writing, editing or instructional design, project management related experience.
- Designed innovative content, in multiple modalities synthesizing complex content in ways that are understandable, practical, and applicable.
- Proven ability to quickly achieve subject-matter proficiency across topics, products and tools.
- Knowledge of current trends in learning experiences.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
The pay range for this position is $80-$140/hour.The actual pay will vary based on geographic location, job requirements, professional experience, and other factors.
In addition, Chegg offers a comprehensive benefits plan for eligible employees, including medical, dental, vision, life and supplemental life insurance, short-and long-term disability, mental health support, parental leave,paid time off, volunteer time off, paid holidays, 401(k) with matching contributions, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account(H.S.A.)options, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, an Employee Referral Program, Tuition Reimbursement, and other benefits found at: https://www.chegg.com/about/working-at-chegg/benefits/
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student
shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, Chegg Writing, Chegg Internships, Thinkful Online Learning, and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Chegg out our culture and benefits!
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer