A pioneer in K–12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products help teachers identify the targeted instruction students need to build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide educators with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than 10 million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com.
The Interaction Developer will work as part of the Digital Curriculum team, which itself is part of the larger Amplify Math Curriculum Team. The Interaction Developer has the role in the creation of complex digital graphs and manipulatives, which will be used in lessons, practice, and assessments for Amplify Math. The Interaction Developer will report to the Manager, Digital Interaction Team. This is a contract role.
In general, Amplify Desmos Math lessons (and their digital lesson counterparts):
- are consistent with a student-centered, problem-based pedagogical philosophy
- foster a social, collaborative learning environment
- teach and demonstrate math in an engaging way
- help students identify as mathematicians
- demonstrate the utility, power, and beauty of math
- assist educators in orchestrating productive mathematical discussions
Responsibilities of the Interaction Developer:
- Author digital interactives and manipulatives for the Amplify Math Suite.
- Meet regularly with the Curriculum Team to review specifications for requested interactives.
- Revise interactives based on feedback from various cross-functional teams.
- Explore new graphing functionality.
- Regularly meet with the Design Team to improve and make decisions around user interface.
- Work with the Design team in integrating images and illustrations into interactives.
- Participate in workshops with Curriculum and Design teams.
Basic Qualifications of the Grapher, Interaction Developer:
- Experience with Desmos Graphing Calculator
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, mathematics education, or another quantitative field
- Comfort in the following mathematical domains:
- Advanced algebra
- Basic tutoring or teaching experience, including online or as a teaching assistant
- Proficiency using digital teamwork tools, including spreadsheets and Google Drive
- Willingness to travel to Amplify’s New York Office Headquarters for occasional workshops
Preferred (but not Required) Qualifications of the Interaction Developer:
- Face-to-face classroom teaching experience, at any grade level
- At least two years of experience with other web-based mathematical authoring tools and graphing calculators, including Desmos Activity Builder, GeoGebra, or Mathigon's Polypad
The hourly rate range for this role is $40-$45.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.