McGraw-Hill Education, the leading provider of digital and print educational materials is looking for experienced, innovative, strategic Lead Academic Designer for our Secondary Literacy programs. Does this sound like you?
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates high quality content, robust learning solutions, and innovative print and digital components that are used by millions of educators and students every day. Reporting to the Director, Academic Design, the Lead Academic Designer for Secondary Literacy will assist in managing the 6-12 Core Literacy Academic Design department; responsible for the training, and work quality of a team of content and curriculum editors who are responsible and accountable for developing effective content solutions and products that meet the curriculum standards and market requirements for literacy educational materials.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Work closely with the Director and the VP of Academic Design to execute on multi-year publishing plans. Tasks include but are not limited to
- developing plant cost estimates and resource plans that to meet the development needs of the team,
- ensuring that all content developed meets highest standards of academic integrity and quality, and
- working with cross-functional teams to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget constraints.
- Work closely with the Director, cross-functional teams, and individual project leads, to help develop prototypes and guidelines for solutions aligned to relevant market requirements, product definitions, learning objectives and content standards.
- Understand the implications of customer and sales deadlines, state curriculum requirements, and budget and resource limitations on workflow and schedule;
- Work closely and collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop best workflow, assign appropriate resources, and schedule benchmarks for program needs.
- Work closely with the Director to forecast and manage program budgets, identifying issues that impact quality, budget, and schedules.
- Empower staff through professional development opportunities; work to enhance and extend the department’s content knowledge, classroom and pedagogical awareness, and digital and instructional design knowledge; builds leadership capabilities at all levels within the department, develops and retains talent, increases diversity, and communicates goals and performance improvement needs effectively.
- Maintain a strong awareness of the competitive environment, including a focus on digital technology.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Secondary Education, literacy, or related field; classroom teaching experience is preferred, but not required.
- At least 5 years editorial/academic design experience in educational publishing developing print and technology-based content, curriculum, and pedagogy for core comprehensive educational materials for the secondary literacy market.
- Knowledge of appropriate industry and subject-area content development practices, content standards, and academic and pedagogical trends, with the ability to drive innovation in teams and products.
- Experience with project oversight, including managing staff and budgets
- Strong organizational, planning, and prioritization skills, with a demonstrated ability to allocate resources, manage vendors and oversee budgets and work plans.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and negotiation skills.
- Proactive, goal-oriented and collaborative, with experience leading multi-person teams and working both cross-functionally and hierarchically, and capable of building strong relationships at all levels.
The pay range for this position is between $95,000 - $115,000 annually
, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. Additionally, a full range of medical and/or other benefits may be provided, depending on the position offered. Click here
to learn more about our benefit offerings.