Lead Instructional Designer
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com
The Content Customization team, within Global Education Services, is focused on creating client-specific learning content for Anthology clients.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Applying instructional design principals and methodologies for better learning experience
- Working closely with a team of instructional designers and education & training specialists to design and develop engaging and compelling learning content that aligns with identified outcomes
- Working closely with the implementation teams to understand solution configurations, and design/develop learning programs to meet specific customer education requirements
- Participating in project and stakeholder meetings to ensure alignment of learning content development with project progress and customer needs
- Developing assessments and quizzes to enhance the customer learning experience and improve outcomes
- Working with the cross functional teams (CXMs, Project Managers, Product Managers, etc.) to scope customer learning requirements and objectives
- Owning accountability for the quality of all deliverables
- Identifying potential project issues and collaborating on solutions
- Monitoring, tracking, and reporting content development status
- This role may require periodic customer on-sites
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. Instructional Design, Adult Education, or Curriculum Design) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Professional experience designing and developing instructional materials
- Experience designing and developing for online courses
- Strong project management skills, and a proven ability to handle multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work in a geographically distributed virtual team environment and to build relationships with internal and external organizations
- Dynamic, creative problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Advanced skills in using PowerPoint, Captivate, Camtasia, Gomo, or similar content development tools
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to master technical content
- Ability to apply adult learning principals to course design
- Experience serving in a client-facing role
- Experience or understanding of Anthology Student or similar products from other SIS vendors
- Higher Education experience, particularly within a community college
- Demonstrated ability to develop content that provokes engagement
- Experience working with learning management systems
- Demonstrated proficiency with SCORM, HTML 5, Web 2.0, Universal Design, and/or ADA/Section508
- Master’s degree in related field (e.g. Instructional Design, Adult Education, or Curriculum Design)
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA