Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers — whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
Stride Tutoring is an exciting new startup within Stride’s portfolio of companies, focused on building and scaling an innovative educational marketplace that connects tutors and students. Our aim is to enable students to achieve their educational goals through receiving high-quality, personalized online tutoring from expert, certified teachers. Over time we plan to expand this marketplace further to serve a broader set of educational needs for a wider range of customers.
In this role as Lead Product Designer for Stride Tutoring, you will be responsible for leading & creating exceptionally designed user experiences for Stride Tutoring’s customers: students, parents/guardians, and schools/districts. You will work closely with product and business leadership and our engineering team to drive customer-centric solutions. This role will report to the Principal Product Manager, Stride Tutoring.
Working with an entrepreneurial, fast-paced team, the Lead Product Designer will be responsible for identifying and codifying the user-centric design requirements and journeys needed to meet business and customer objectives. You will be expected to work autonomously to produce deliverables that include designs, prototyping, and testing. The Lead Product Designer should have experience in designing products from start to finish and have a portfolio that demonstrates complex mobile and desktop application design.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Set design requirements based on information from internal teams and user research
- Audit existing product design to identify improvement opportunities
- Analyze how new products or features satisfy market needs and consumer preferences
- Stay up to date on current industry trends and market conditions
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure consistent and accurate communication
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet changing customer preferences
- Work closely with product and engineering to suggest improvements for products and processes
- Present product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Create compelling visual designs based on approved wireframes or sketches
- Collaborate with project team to create wireframes, sketches, prototypes, and visual designs
- Produce production assets and design specifications for development teams based on approved designs
- Combine user experience thinking with design execution to produce intuitive and desirable interfaces, across many devices
- Execute Rapid prototyping for web and mobile apps
- Expertly use the design tools employed by our team (i.e., Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Suite
- Understand and explore user needs and business requirements
- Plan and run user tests and other design research to inform design decisions
- Collaborate to build, evolve, and refine our design system, ensuring visual cohesion and engineering efficiency across all user touchpoints
- Help build out design processes, tools, and culture
- Communicate solutions to engineers and stakeholders
- Work within design guidelines to create assets that reinforce our brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
- Five (5) years of experience with designing workflows, interactive design, visual design, and information architecture
- Proficient working in a shared creative environment
- Experience with user research such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing
- Background in designing for web and mobile platforms
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of design patterns
- Solid foundation in layout and design
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to brainstorm, sketch ideas or wireframes
- MS 365; Web proficiency
- Experience in marketplace or scheduling platform design or a similar subject also a plus
- A strong command of contemporary design tools including Sketch, Abstract, Figma, and InVision
- A strong awareness of device-specific standards
- Provide a solid portfolio
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
- Ability to clear required background check
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
- Experience in marketplace or scheduling platform design or a similar subject
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is virtual and open to residents of the 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Compensation & Benefits:
Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of the range.
- We anticipate the salary range to be $70,055 to $120,246. The upper end of this range is not likely to be offered, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)