DMI is a leading global provider of digital services working at the intersection of public and private sectors. With broad capabilities across IT managed services, cybersecurity, cloud migration and application development, DMI provides on-site and remote support to clients within governments, healthcare, financial services, transportation, manufacturing, and other critical infrastructure sectors. DMI has grown to over 2,100+ employees globally and has been continually recognized as a Top Workplace in both regional and national categories.
About the Opportunity
DMI Managed Services is seeking an experienced Learning Design Expert to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have a background and passion for technology, with experience owning the end-to-end design and development of new learning experiences. As a key contributor, you will play a vital role in implementing and managing our content management solution, ensuring a smooth onboarding experience for new hires and customers by enabling them to get up to speed quickly. Additionally, you will map the learning and continued education journey for our different departments within Managed ensuring a comprehensive and effective development experience.
- Own the end-to-end design, development, and release of new learning experiences; Apply effective and timely project management tools to handle concurrent projects.
- Support the discovery of knowledge and skill gaps using a variety of approaches such as facilitating virtual focus group sessions, conducting interviews and observations, and analyzing performance data to clearly define performance outcomes.
- Establish personas, learning journeys, and experience maps; brainstorm recommendations and consider how and when technology might be used to create an engaging and practical solution that targets the desired outcomes.
- Design and develop employee-centered learning experiences and solutions by applying adult learning principles, design thinking, and human-centered design approaches. Learning solutions may span multiple modalities including ILT, VILT, self-paced courses, simulations, gamification, experiential learning, microlearning, videos, interactive digital learning modules, eBooks, podcasts, job aids, facilitator guides, case studies, infographics, etc.
- Select appropriate assessment methods and perform quality checks to ensure learning experience standards are met.
- Maintains consistent project documentation and course folders to ensure content is current and relevant.
- Build long-term relationships to influence stakeholders and team members; may lead the work of others either directly or indirectly. Partner with team members across the departments to deeply understand the needs of our employees and managers.
- Partner with the Learning and Delivery teams to execute program integration into the LMS, deployment, communication, tracking, and system reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, learning technology, adult education, or a similar field. An equivalent combination may be given to a candidate with a degree in lieu of experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Experience working with the Kirkpatrick Model for training and program evaluation.
- Proven working experience in instructional design and/or adult learning, as well as with instructional technology.
- Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Strong written and verbal English grammar, spelling, punctuation, usage, and pronunciation
- Strong interpersonal skills in both client interactions and team interactions
- Experience developing solutions using authoring tools and development software.
- Experience with virtual collaboration tools
- Experience designing experiences suitable for deployment in remote delivery training tools.
- Solid knowledge of course development software, video editing, screen capture, and at least one Learning Management System
- Have a growth mindset and stay up to date on what’s current in learning and development and the industry of technology.
- Knowledge of cellular networks and mobility is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to deliver and receive feedback in a positive and clear manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to storyboard and write scripts.
- Experience with Adobe Suite
- Ability to document processes and instructions.
- Microsoft 365: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, One Drive, Teams
Min Citizenship Status Required: US Citizen.
Physical Requirements: No Physical requirement needed for this position.
Location: Remote - Ideal Candidate is local to Cincinnnati OH or Chicago, IL.
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous, and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. We offer a variety of perks and benefits that help meet various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with a number of our award-winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up your DMI wellbeing:
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel, and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development – Annual performance management, continuing education, and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial – Generous 401k matches both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition – Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgment, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness – Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, and several other wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company. The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination based on their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability. DMI maintains a drug-free workplace.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.