Location: Remote, US
Company: Wiley University Services
Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
About the Role:
The Marketing Automation Manager will be responsible for the designing, coding, troubleshooting, and optimizing dynamic, interactive email templates and components used to build innovative email programs that drive engagement, enrollment, and retention. Additionally, this role may manage a team of 1-2 individual contributors responsible for daily execution of one-off and automated email and SMS campaigns across our brand portfolio and works closely with the Director of Marketing Operations to analyze results and present solutions for how to improve our campaigns’ user experience, engagement, and effectiveness. To be successful in this role, they should have demonstrated the ability to design/code HTML and CSS emails within major automation environments, a passion for email UX and content/design strategies, and a strong understanding of A/B testing and optimization
How you will make an impact:
- Collaborate to grow and execute a high-volume, multi-automation, lifecycle email marketing strategy.
- Manage the creative and content strategy for various promotional, life-cycle, and transactional campaigns alongside other creative designers, copywriters, email marketing managers, and stakeholders
- Design, develop, and maintain a library of email components and email templates with a mobile-first, responsive design approach that is visually appealing and generates engagement.
- Develop new email components and templates based on creative files (PSD, PDF, InDesign, JPG)
- Integrate complex and precise dynamic content into email templates, being comfortable envisioning clear, complete outputs from skeletal templates and merging variables.
- Present creative with key stakeholders using design, UX, and mockups to communicate inspiring brand experiences
- Perform quality assurance (QA) testing across various browser, device, and email provider platforms using testing platforms (Litmus, Email on Acid, etc.)
- Resolve content display issues and flexibly design around custom field outputs with variable sizes.
- Optimize email content and design strategies to drive higher returns with A/B testing of subject lines, message content, images, offers, landing pages, mailing frequency, segments, and more.
- Manage relationships with internal teams for effective cross-channel communications, and day-to-day relationships with vendor partners and consultants to ensure achievement of objectives, platform performance, and results.
- Ensure emails are in compliance with company policies, brand standards, accessibility standards, and opt-in/opt-out, privacy, and spam regulation (CAN-SPAM/GDPR/CCPA).
- Develop segmentation strategies and leverage consumer insights to improve key KPIs.
- Continually monitor internal testing results, deliverability metrics, and industry best practices, highlighting successes, trends, and opportunities
- Update and help manage team documentation and participate in brainstorming sessions to drive greater efficiency through the email channel.
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5+ years of experience in email design and development (HTML/CSS) focused on lead funnel conversion.
- Demonstrated ability to code email templates and component systems used for frequent, precision dynamic personalization.
- Desired: Degree or Certificate in Graphic Design, Web Design, or related field. UX and template design skills for email.
- Experience working with Acoustic Campaign or other enterprise-level email marketing platforms.
- Experienced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in the education industry is a plus, but not required.
- Experience building, deploying, and managing lifecycle and transactional email campaigns that follow best practices using ESP/marketing automation tools
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Knowledge of best practices for email creative, targeting/segmentation, dynamic content, testing methodologies, deliverability and CAN-SPAM regulations
- Working knowledge of email testing tools like Email on Acid or Litmus.
- Experience with Marketing Automation/Orchestration systems like Adobe Marketo, Acoustic or Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Creative, strategic, and analytical thinker who enjoys solving unstructured problems, taking initiative, and turning data into actionable plans.
- Strong project management, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and drives hard to meet and frequently exceed goals and objectives within tight timeframes.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and work independently.
- Results-driven decision-maker with excellent attention to detail
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate all qualified applicants and treat all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Wiley is also committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
We are proud that our workplace promotes continual learning and internal mobility. Our values support courageous teammates, needle movers and learning champions all while striving to support the health and well-being of all employees, for example we offer meeting-free Friday afternoons allowing more time for heads down work and professional development.
We are committed to fair, transparent pay, and we strive to provide competitive compensation in addition to a comprehensive benefits package. This range represents Wiley’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the base pay for this role at the time of posting. It is anticipated that most qualified candidates will fall within the range, however the ultimate salary offered for this role may be higher or lower and will be set based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including but not limited to, geographic location, skills, and competencies
Location/Division: United States; Florida, USA
Job Requisition: R2301978
Remote Location: Yes
Time Type: Full_time
Target Base Pay Range: $64,700 - $92,700