At McGraw-Hill we create best-in-class, next-generation learning platforms that are used by millions of students and educators worldwide from kindergarten through graduate school. Our goal is to accelerate student success through intuitive and effective learning tools and content that maximize a teacher’s time and a student’s learning experience. We do all of this in a diverse and inclusive team of passionate individuals who firmly believe that we can change the world by leveling the playing field and giving every learner an equal opportunity to achieve their full potential.
If you believe that education can change lives and make the world a better place, McGraw Hill is the place for you!
How can you make an Impact?
McGraw Hill Connect is a course management and adaptive learning solution that enables millions of learners to achieve their full potential. In this role, you will be expanding Connect to put new learning tools in the hands of instructors and learners.
You will be the linchpin of the product – the technical expert for the product, sales, marketing and business teams and the product expert for the technical teams. By combining intimate knowledge of customers, strong analytical skills, and technical acumen, you will drive a holistic product vision that energizes your teammates and delights your customers.
As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Even if you are not currently looking for a change, we encourage you to apply now and speak to the hiring manager to learn about the opportunity!
What will you do?
- Build and grow a strong engineering team ensuring the right mix of talent, skills, and experience
- Partner with leaders, peers and teams across the organization to deliver cross team initiatives
- Create the technical vision for the team, spanning architecture, dependencies, engineering process, and technology decisions
- Mentor and train the engineering community to drive engineering excellence
- Work with Product Managers, UX Designers, Sales and Marketing managers to build products that the customers love to use
- Build next generation learning tools that will be used by millions of learners and instructors
- Be responsible for end-to-end delivery and maintenance of our products
- Making sure our products have highest quality, performance and availability
What can you bring to the role?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, or combination of education and equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing geographically distributed teams
- Product engineering background to support development of B2B and B2C products
- Experience building responsive and high-performance web-based products
- Experience building high-performance, high-availability and scalable distributed systems
- Analytical skills to find creative and simple solutions for complex problems
- Strong communication skills to work with cross functional teams
- Desire and experience to build products that delight the customers
- Experience with one or more observability platforms to monitor health of the products
Our tech stack includes:
- AWS services
- SQS, Kafka
Why work for us?
At McGraw Hill, you will be empowered to make a real impact on a global scale. Every day your individual efforts contribute to the lives of millions. As an education innovation company, we’re proud to play a part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we’ll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw Hill and together, we’ll impact the world.
The pay range for this position is between $150,000 - $170,000 annually, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and location. An annual bonus plan may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and/or other benefits, depending on the position offered. Click here
to learn more about our benefit offerings.