IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking an experienced, passionate educator to join our team as a Math Curriculum Designer and help shape our growing suite of K-12 math assessments.
As a Math Curriculum Designer with an assessment focus, you’ll design clear, engaging assessment items and collaborate with psychometricians and program managers to achieve our educational goals. Your strong writing skills, creative problem solving, educational insights, and commitment to quality will make personalized learning a reality for millions of students.
*This is a full-time position in our San Mateo, CA office with a hybrid work schedule.*
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Write and review clear, engaging assessment items to address specified educational objectives in either K-5 or 6-12 math
- Review assessment items for clarity, writing quality, typos, formatting, and mathematical accuracy
- Write achievement level descriptors and other assessment documentation
- Collaborate with curriculum designers, psychometricians, program managers, and company leaders to determine assessment scope and approach
- Develop and manage project plans to create and deliver high-quality assessment items
- Research and analyze content requirements, including state educational standards
- Assist with other math curriculum design projects as assigned, such as creating and reviewing standards alignments and writing and reviewing math problems for IXL's learning activities
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's in Mathematics strongly preferred - Master's or Ph.D. in Mathematics is a plus
- 2+ years' experience writing items for widely-used assessments
- K-12 math teaching or tutoring experience
- Excellent writing ability
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Can-do attitude with an openness to others' ideas
- Highly self-motivated and efficient with superb attention to detail
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design is a plus
- Knowledge of computer programming, mobile, and web technologies is a plus
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The base salary range for this full-time position is $88,000 to $100,000 + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
At IXL, we value diversity in age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, political and religious beliefs, and life experience, and we are proud to promote a work environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. IXL Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: creating innovative learning experiences that help all learners reach their full potential. IXL's comprehensive curriculum and insightful analytics help more than 900,000 teachers deliver personalized instruction, and empower over 14 million students to achieve new learning milestones every day.