IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking an experienced, passionate educator to join our team as an elementary math specialist. In this role, you'll lend your specialized knowledge and expertise in K–5 math education to help the curriculum design team craft exceptional learning experiences for elementary students. Your strong writing skills, creative problem solving, educational insights, and commitment to quality will make personalized learning a reality for millions of students.
This is a full-time remote position for candidates in the United States only.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Design creative, engaging, interactive activities both online and in print
- Consult with other curriculum designers to ensure content is age-appropriate and meets educational objectives
- Collaborate with visual designers, curriculum managers, and company leaders to determine appropriate instructional approaches
- Develop and manage project plans to create and deliver high-quality math content
- Write rigorous and mathematically correct content
- Research and analyze content requirements and strategies
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree required - advanced degree or degree in Mathematics is a plus
- K–5 math teaching experience - experience as math coach or math supervisor is a plus
- Excellent writing ability
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design
- Can-do attitude with an openness to others' ideas
- Highly self-motivated and efficient with superb attention to detail
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is the country's largest edtech company. We reach millions of learners through our diverse range of products. For example:
- 1 in 4 students in the United States uses IXL.com
- Rosetta Stone provides an immersive learning experience for 25 languages
- Wyzant is the nation's largest community of tutors, covering 300+ subjects
- Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT) is a comprehensive marketplace for millions of educator-created resources
Our mission is to create innovative products that will make a real, positive difference for learners and educators and we're looking for passionate, mission-minded people to join us in achieving this goal. We have a unique culture at IXL that fosters collaboration and the open exchange of ideas. We value our team and treat one another with kindness and respect. We approach our work with passion, tenacity, and authenticity. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions and we are eager to have you join our team.
At IXL, we value diversity in age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, political and religious beliefs, and life experience, and we are proud to promote a work environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. IXL Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.