Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers — whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
The Jr Metadata Specialist will assist in the creation of creative and engaging lesson introduction screens to be used across courses. The work will vary from hands-on design work, to brainstorming with team members, to tracking and organization of assets.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Work with product management and curriculum leads in order to create metadata to describe digital learning objects and lesson repository;
- Provide input to metadata classification system;
- Ensure metadata created meets Stride standards and is Learning Object Metadata (LOM) compliant;
- Document metadata classification system;
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications;
- Code, classify, and add complete metadata to assets using internal content management system (training provided);
- Work with management to establish and adhere to a production schedule.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Current student or recent graduate pursuing a BS/BA or MS/MA degree in Library Science, Business Analytics, Instructional or Curriculum Design, Applied Learning Sciences and Education Technology, Product Design, or a related field.
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent analytical and evaluation sense, particularly in information design
- Basic understanding of front-end development technologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Observational and listening skills
- Self-motivation and excellent problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and organizational skills
- Passionate about creating well-designed products for education
- Ability to listen effectively, respect others’ perspectives and contributions, and offer and accept constructive feedback
- Demonstrated experience with metadata and authoring tools
- Web proficiency
- Ability to work remotely with a good internet connection
- Ability to clear required background check
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is virtual and open to residents of the 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections.
- We anticipate this position will pay between $19.51 to $29.26 per hour. This is a temporary/contractor role and you will be an employee of Randstad. The upper end of this range is not likely to be offered, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Randstad offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)