Horizon BCBSNJ employees must live in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut or Delaware
Job Summary: The Operations Learning Consultant is responsible for the development and delivery of curriculum with a focus on improving overall employee performance and the customer experience.
- Design, develop and deliver engaging and customer-focused programs for both virtual and in-person learning, using a variety of training concepts and principles, and instructional techniques and formats such as role-playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures.
- Develop training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Review and evaluate new hire, refresher and cross-training programs for effectiveness.
- Conduct needs analysis, learner analysis and task analysis to identify specific learning requirements.
- Design and implement utilization and training metrics for purposes of career development, training effectiveness, benchmarking, and improving member experience.
- Coordinate overall delivery of training from internal and external training resources.
- Communicate and market learning opportunities to employees.
- Identify, analyze and document LMS problems and recommends viable solutions.
- Develop clear and measurable learning objectives based on validated list of learning needs.
- Navigate cross-functional teams, working with subject matter experts which may include Product, Product Marketing and Customer Service teams as well as department leadership
- Monitor and analyze reporting including training completion, program effectiveness, training satisfaction and segment organization in the interest of constantly iterating and improving the training format and delivery.
- Prefers Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Instructional Design, Learning Technologies, Human Resources or comparable area of study.
- 3 - 5 years minimum, healthcare insurance or related industry preferred
- 7 years experience in training that may include practical experience in designing and conducting learning programs.
- Development and delivery of management curriculum with a focus on leadership and performance management.
- Development and delivery of Communications and other soft skills course content involving multiple modalities and evaluation methodologies.
- E-learning and blended learning instructional design.
- Excellent platform and facilitation skills.
Additional licensing, certifications, registrations:
- Industry recognized learning and development or training certification is preferred but not required
- Adult learning and training techniques and organizational development strategies.
- Education and training principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups and the measurement of training effects.
- Human behavior and performance management, learning and motivation principles and techniques.
- Principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Enthusiastic, well prepared, and organized
- Ability to utilize a variety of learning techniques and support materials to accentuate presentations and facilitate the learning process.
- Effective delivery skills, e.g. eye contact, voice intonation, various questioning techniques, etc.
- Ability to operate a computer and its peripheral equipment (printers, keyboard, mouse, etc.).
- Prefer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project management software and Lotus Notes.
Travel (If Applicable):
- Global/Domestic travel under 25%
Salary Range: $75,300 - $100,800
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. This range has been created in good faith based on information known to Horizon at the time of posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. Horizon also provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Comprehensive health benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Retirement Plans
- Generous PTO
- Incentive Plans
- Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law. Horizon will consider reasonable accommodation requests as part of the recruiting and hiring process.