Partner Account Manager
Strategic Partnerships, Chegg Skills
US - Remote
Our Partner Account Manager owns the overall relationship with one or more strategic partners. At the direction of the Director of Partnerships Development, a successful Partner Account Manager is committed to ownership of the foundational strength of our established business: ensuring we deliver to the partner as expected and, in turn, are getting out of the partner what they are expected to deliver. Based on that foundation, the PAM will work closely with the Partnerships Growth Manager, Partnerships PMO, and functional managers within our product lines to execute growth strategies and build additional revenue or lines of business with their assigned partner(s).
We're looking for someone whose previous work experience shows evidence of having strong B2B relationships (customer, partner) and stakeholder management and who can demonstrate an understanding of how getting the details right today opens more opportunities in the future.
Key activities include:
- Cultivating strong relationships with our partners and internal stakeholders that serve to solve student and business issues quickly, effectively, transparently, and positively. While often not responsible for solving problems, the PAM is accountable for delivering a solution.
- Finding opportunities for growth and working with relevant internal stakeholders to build and execute the strategies to achieve it.
- Reviewing and analyzing performance data across the partnership; reporting performance across the organization and with partners as directed. Where needed, advocating for improved performance against the opportunities of the partnership line of business.
- Serving as key point of escalation for run-the-business functional teams needing answers to questions from our partners and for partners to our teams. As such, you'll need to understand how both our product(s) and our partner products work and interoperate. You should be driven to solve problems but also advocate for systems and operational changes that anticipate and avoid future problems.
- Identifying ways to build stronger communications within and between our companies that benefit our students, our partnerships and our respective businesses.
A successful candidate will have 4+ years of experience in a relevant role and demonstrate these skills and/or describe experience with these activities:
- Sales, client services or customer success experience; bonus for experience managing large or strategic accounts or lines of business and developing widespread productive relationships that grows revenue.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience balancing the needs of internal and external stakeholders. An understanding how to deliver messages differently depending on the audience, and gain influence without authority.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, including developing and delivering presentations and persuasive reporting.
- Involvement in projects or business operations where many complex parts are intersecting and need your guidance on prioritization against business outcomes.
- Experience using data to produce reporting and identify the key takeaways, where follow-up questions need to be asked, and who needs to know what about this information. Then translating those insights into action.
The pay range for this position is $126,489 to $234,909.The actual pay will vary based on geographic location, job requirements, professional experience, and other factors.
In addition, Chegg offers acomprehensive benefits plan for eligible employees, including medical, dental, vision, life and supplemental life insurance, short-and long-term disability, mental health support, parental leave,paid time off, volunteer time off, paid holidays, 401(k) with matchingcontributions, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account(H.S.A.)options, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, an Employee Referral Program, Tuition Reimbursement, andother benefits found at:https://www.chegg.com/about/working-at-chegg/benefits/
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student
shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, Chegg Writing, Chegg Internships, Thinkful Online Learning, and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Chegg out our culture and benefits!
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer
United States Remote: This is a remote position which may be performed anywhere in the United States.