At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Developer/Technical Lead to join our CRM Team. This position is a hands-on development position where you will be responsible for the development of Wiley’s CRM Platform on Force.com while leading the development team you will leverage your in-depth knowledge of Salesforce to work closely with architects, engineers, and product owners to create complex applications and integrations. You will also ensure your commitment to the highest quality standards both in functional and non-functional areas. With Wiley’s proven expertise as a trusted partner in Research publishing and education, you will have the opportunity to innovate and create solutions that revolutionize the landscape of higher education technology and accelerate your career.
To succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
How you will make an impact:
· Define, plan and manage complete projects as our business transforms from a print to a digital arena.
· Collaborate with technology resources and the business units primarily in Marketing and Sales and others to define requirements, plan development and rollout.
· Manage projects, over-seeing Quality Assurance and integrate new or updated systems into business workflows.
· Lead effort planning and cost estimating.
· Motivate colleagues and nurture relationships to keep projects moving towards successful delivery of business results.
· Own the overall Sales & Marketing solution in support of business needs (enhancements, issue triaging)
We are looking for people who:
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business management, or a related field.
· 8+ years’ experience in Salesforce CRM (Sales Cloud) and related technologies.
· Deep knowledge of Lightning Web Component (LWC), Sales Cloud, Lead Management, Opportunity Management, Account Management and Customer Communities.
· Experience in supporting Marketing technology (Marketing Cloud, Eloqua, Marketo) integration with Salesforce.
· Experience in Service cloud is a plus
· Deep knowledge of different integration patterns
· Experience managing technical resources.
· Requirements gathering experience along with Vendor selection and management.
· Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills along with excellent leadership and management expertise.
· Experience with running and leading CRM workshops.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are committed to fair, transparent pay, and we strive to provide competitive compensation in addition to a comprehensive benefits package. The target base pay range for this position is $125k to $170k. This range represents Wiley’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the base pay for this role at the time of posting. It is anticipated that most qualified candidates will fall within the range, however, the ultimate salary offered for this role may be higher or lower and will be set based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including but not limited to geographic location, skills, and competencies.
Location/Division: Hoboken, NJ, USA
Job Requisition: R2300336
Remote Location: No
Time Type: Full Time
US Target Base Pay Range: $125,000 - $179,000