Savvas Learning Company is a global education company that produces award-winning learning solutions that empower educators and engage students with the highest quality content.
Recognized as an industry leader, we serve millions of K-12 learners with innovative, student-centered educational programs that turn today’s classrooms into active learning environments. By embracing technology, personalized learning, and immersive experiences delivered across multiple platforms, we design our learning solutions to be more accessible and relevant to each student.
Our comprehensive solutions for core curriculum, and supplemental and intervention programs - supported by an array of professional development services - allow teachers to use data to inform classroom practices and tailor instructions to an individual’s abilities and learning styles.
As a key leader on the UX team, the Principal CX Designer will be responsible for setting the vision for the customer experience as Savvas shifts to support all tiers of customers in an easy-to-use self-service web experience. The Principal will guide multiple levels of stakeholders through CX best practice, evangelize the importance of simple, intuitive experiences, and negotiate competing priorities. They will collaborate with a world class in-house team of product owners, UX designers, technology professionals, and customer service representatives. S/he will drive the customer experience interactive design initiatives, facilitate user experience design research, activities and workshops, and effectively present concepts and strategies to stakeholders and leadership to socialize innovative and intuitive experiences.
- Craft the vision of the new customer experience at Savvas from pre-purchase to usage, support, and renewal by collaborating with product managers, technical leads, UX designers and vendors, and research analytics teams to surface the user needs and requirements that will provide a simple, elegant solution that will be built and improved over time.
- Identify key metrics to capture and measure the impact of the future vision; incorporate site analytics and feedback and apply them intelligently into iterative design solutions.
- Bring leading-edge visual, interaction, and UX design, setting the vision for customer experience in a user-focused way across multiple touchpoints.
- Lead and engage with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in design explorations and product feature definitions.
- Facilitate team communication across departments, bridging the gap between visual design, functional development, customer support, and content.
- Create engaging visual design that embodies the strategies, user goals and enhances product appeal.
- Effectively present your findings through storytelling, maps, and running collaborative workshops for teams to participate in identifying customer pain points and opportunities.
- Foster effective collaboration with product managers and developers to gather requirements, align on design goals, and ensure smooth and rapid implementation of UX designs effectively using design system patterns and brand guidelines.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest UX design trends, industry standards, and cyber security developments, effectively integrating them into design processes.
- Innovate, improve, and implement the CX vision.
- Mentor staff, freelance designers and manage vendor design partners as necessary.
- 8+ years of experience in UX design
- Expert knowledge of user experience design planning processes
- Expert information architecture, Interaction design, visual design skills on multi-platforms
- Design experience in web, mobile, tablet, and/or desktop software
- Experience relying on analytics and data to shape UX decisions
- Proficiency with design tools (Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma, Sketch, Axure, and other design software)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
- A strong portfolio of innovative design work that demonstrates proficiency in interaction and visual design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to collaborate with other groups in a team environment.
- Ability to self-manage and work independently but be able to communicate and contribute in a remote team setting.
Savvas Learning Company provides access to a benefits experience created to offer our employees choice, flexibility, and the opportunity to save money for the future. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, tax-advantaged accounts, pharmacy, life insurance, disability insurance, matching 401(k), and paid time off. Our benefits are part of a total package that is carefully designed to support the total well-being of our employees.
Savvas Learning Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Savvas Learning complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. Savvas prohibits discrimination against individuals based on race, color, region, national origin, sex, age, disability, and other protected group status. We strive to create a fair and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant
Savvas Learning is an affirmative action employer and participate in E-Verify. E-Verify Know Your Rights