Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com
Anthology is seeking a Principal .NET Developer with solid web development skills. This skilled and experienced team member will be responsible for the designing, coding, and unit testing of subsystems and system components based on requirements specification and constraints as well as overseeing the changes being made by the development teams. The ideal candidate will have experience building multi-tiered, multi-tenant SaaS based systems with web facing components that are mission critical, fault tolerant, and monitored with high availability.
In this role, you will learn how to develop strong working relationships with other Tech Leads as well as the Architecture organization. You will also learn how to guide teams through changes required to take our products to the next level.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Defining technical and coding standards
- Taking ownership of technical debt items, developing POC and reference implementation for complex technical items
- Reviewing and providing feedback on POC and RI
- Performing technical analysis, documenting and communicating cost reduction opportunities
- Developing functional and technical expertise on more than one product in the Campus Nexus Suite
- Developing knowledge on more than one product in the Campus Nexus Suite and integration touch points across products
- Reviewing new and existing systems design projects and procurement/outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans
- Owning quality deliverable adhering to acceptance criteria
- Providing technical evaluation, proof of concept, and reference implementations
- Owning quality deliverable following coding standards and best practices, considering efficiency, re-usability, and optimization, avoiding duplication
- Making recommendations to increase cost effectiveness, systems flexibility, and high availability
- Making recommendations to increase system performance
- Providing consistent and comprehensive reports and technology updates on ongoing technology advancements
- Developing knowledge base articles (1 article every 3 months)
- Conducting and participating in knowledge sharing sessions on Product/Domain with the team (1 session every 3 months)
- Sharing info with team on design decisions and both short-term and long-term impact on the product
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical discipline or equivalent demonstrable experience
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in Test Automation
- Experience with .NET development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.