What We Do
At GoGuardian, we’re helping build a future where all learners are ready and inspired to solve the world’s greatest challenges. Our award-winning system of learning solutions is purpose-built for K-12 and trusted by school leaders to promote effective teaching and equitable engagement while helping empower educators to keep students safe.
What It’s Like to Work at GoGuardian
We are a fast-growing learning company that thrives on making bold moves and setting high standards. Working with us means joining a (mostly!) remote team of diverse, passionate, mission-driven employees who are inspired by our vision, dedicated to our customers, and comfortable with rapid change. We balance our rocketship pace with a work culture that offers unbridled support, allyship, and inclusivity…to say nothing of fun! Join our Neurodiversity ERG, attend an online magic show (and bring your kids), head to a DEI Community of Practice session, share a pet photo with other dog lovers, or relax in an online meditation class. Our culture has earned us accolades! We have been named one of Built In's 2022 Best Places to Work™ and are certified as a Great Place to Work®.
The Principal Product Manager is responsible for GoGuardian’s Beacon product, our student safety offering for K-12 schools. Beacon notifies designated school staff about online activity that indicates a risk of suicide, self-harm or possible harm to others. Beacon Demo Video
What You'll Do
- Grow the business by building products customers love: We help protect students by developing solutions for counselors, school administrators and staff. You will :
- Deeply understand customer needs: Talk with customers and prospects, analyze product and market data, evaluate competitors. Become the expert, and the strongest advocate for your customers.
- Experiment and learn: Develop hypotheses about how to improve the customer experience. Then test them in the fastest and cheapest way to decide whether to pivot or proceed (e.g., from using existing data to check assumptions to testing mockups with customers, from mockups to code).
- Deliver: Meet your commitments – and don’t just ship products, ship the right products. The “right” products meaningfully improve the customer experience, driving retention and acquisition to deliver on business outcomes.
- Support the foundations: In addition to delivering on the enhancements customers see, you must also deliver on the parts they do not: security, engineering velocity, et al. These are an essential part of your development roadmap.
- Deal with Ambiguity: Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and strategic problem-solving skills, with the ability to deal with ambiguity and cut through complexity, turning high-level business requirements and opportunities into specific projects.
- Agile product management: Support the development teams in focusing on the right work at the right time: Define the roadmap, prioritize the work, review and assess.
- Develop and maintain a tight, productive working relationship with the engineering scrum team and broader delivery partners including data science, design and analytics.
- Keep management and stakeholders apprised of progress and challenges through regular reporting and as often as needed.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of professional experience along with 3+ years of software product management experience, including on SaaS products.
- Professional, academic or volunteer work in mental health services or student safety.
- Exposure to machine learning products.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay, complete health insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, and an employee stock option plan.
- Flexible time off, 13 paid holidays, paid parental leave, wellness days, and a paid year-end holiday break.
- A robust catalog of benefits that support your professional growth and personal wellbeing: learning funds, lifestyle funds, online yoga & meditation classes, fertility & adoption reimbursement, giving funds with company match, and more…
Plus the intangible:
- A varied and challenging role in a global and highly innovative high-growth company.
- Supportive, driven colleagues who have your back and share your passion.
Please share this with your friends or co-workers who may be interested in working at GoGuardian! We have multiple openings and are always looking for talented people.
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.