Savvas Learning Company is a global education company that produces award-winning learning solutions that empower educators and engage students with the highest quality content.
Recognized as an industry leader, we serve millions of K-12 learners with innovative, student-centered educational programs that turn today’s classrooms into active learning environments. By embracing technology, personalized learning, and immersive experiences delivered across multiple platforms, we design our learning solutions to be more accessible and relevant to each student.
Our comprehensive solutions for core curriculum, and supplemental and intervention programs - supported by an array of professional development services - allow teachers to use data to inform classroom practices and tailor instructions to an individual’s abilities and learning styles.
Savvas Learning Company is seeking a Principal Software Engineer who has a passion for developing world-class products! Successful candidates must have a full understanding of the tools, platforms, and technologies used to develop exceptional products. Must have experience enabling agile teams to do incredible things they didn’t think they could.
- Provide leadership across the engineering organization with a particular focus on front-end development.
- Lead multiple agile scrum teams with planning, scoping, and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Design and deliver highly scalable, secure, highly available, high-quality micro-services and micro-frontends to AWS at minimal cost.
- Guide and mentor developers in the design of new software products for robustness and scalability, lead by example, and train development teams on technical best practices.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- 3+ years’ experience as an architect or team lead for a large-scale SaaS solution, and at least 8+ years as a full stack developer.
- We use Angular for our micro-front end architecture, backed by GraphQL BFF services. Experience with this or similar frameworks is required.
- We build microservices on AWS (including a variety of managed services) and GCP using a mix of technologies including Node.js, Java/Spring, Python, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and AWS Skills. Experience in several of these technologies and an eagerness to learn others are required.
- Experience with messaging tools such as Kafka, Kinesis, EventBridge, SNS, SQS
- Brilliant problem solving, analysis, design, and testing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Great team player who respects others and enjoys teaching and engaging with developers, testers, product managers, and architects.
- An ear to the industry, a passion for technology, an eagerness to learn and adopt new ideas.
Savvas Learning Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Savvas Learning Company provides access to a benefits experience created to offer our employees choice, flexibility, and the opportunity to save money for the future. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, tax-advantaged accounts, pharmacy, life insurance, disability insurance, matching 401(k), and paid time off. Our benefits are part of a total package that is carefully designed to support the total well-being of our employees.if you are a resident in the state of CO, NY, or CA, please email email@example.com to receive compensation information for this role.