Reporting to the Senior Director, IT Application Development, the Principal Software Engineer is responsible for developing and delivering development solutions.
- Be part of a fast paced, highly technical development team responsible for developing and delivering SaaS solutions to HR organizations
- Serve as a lead architect in the design, and develop software systems and subsystems. Work within the software team and across other lines of business to determine the proper approach to software development challenges.
- Research and champion new technologies and approaches.
- Learn and prototype. Make recommendations based on upcoming product and project roadmaps.
- Conduct design and code reviews and provide feedback on engineering best practices.
- Mentor and guide other software engineers within the team
- Participate in all phases of SDLC: from system analysis to technical design and development and test to deployment and support.
Additional Job Requirements
- Expert in back-end development using .NET core/ .NET, C#, Rest/GraphL Api, SQL Server.
- MVC frameworks (Spring a strong plus)
- Database Development (MS SQL Server a strong plus)
- Web Development (Angular, jQuery a strong plus, RESTful Web Services
- Agile methodologies experience (e.g. Scrum) a strong plus
- Excellent understanding of engineering best practices and software design
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Mobile app development experience a plus, Mobile First and Responsive Web Design experience a plus.
Required/Preferred Education Level Description
- Required Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or Engineering
- Preferred Master's Degree Computer Science or Engineering
Required/Preferred Years of Experience Description
- Required 8+ years of programming experience
The range of compensation listed here or that may be discussed in the interview process is what Bright Horizons in good faith anticipates offering for this job opening. Actual compensation offers will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education and training, certifications, geography, and other relevant business or organizational factors.
Life at Bright Horizons:
Our home office employees support all facets of our business — and no matter which department you join, you’ll be part of a passionate team doing work that makes a difference in the lives of children and families.
Our people are the heart of our company. Because we’re as committed to our own employees as we are to the clients we serve, our collaborative workplaces are designed to grow careers and support personal lives. Here, you’ll find traditional perks (health insurance, 401(k), PTO, and flex spending) plus childcare discounts, education assistance, and so much more. Join us to experience how we support our people to realize their passion, possibilities, and purpose both at work and at home. All in a workplace where you can be you. Come build a brighter future with us.
HAVING TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH YOUR APPLICATION?
Contact us at email@example.com or 855-877-6866
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the recruitment helpdesk at 855-877-6866 or firstname.lastname@example.org
. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.