Be a Part of our Team!
Join a working family that is dedicated to the mission of the work we do!
Teaching Strategies is an innovative edtech organization focused on connecting teachers, children, and families. As front runners in the early childhood education market, we build dynamic, top-quality digital products that integrate all of the essential elements of a high-quality solution: curriculum, assessment, professional development, and family engagement. We are building a team of results-oriented individuals who will thrive in a collaborative, work-hard/play-hard culture. We pride ourselves on the impact we have on the early childhood field through supporting teachers who are doing the most important work there is, teaching children to become creative, confident thinkers.
The Private Team Sales Manager is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of the Private Market Sales Team. The Manager is accountable for the management of remote Account Executives as well as their professional development, performance, and growth while selling to private childcares, private schools and non-profits in the assigned region. This position requires partnering closely with other Private Team Sales Managers, the SDR/MDR Director and senior Sales Leadership as well as with other internal teams to ensure the best end results and growth in the market.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develops & implements proven sales strategies to ensure the attainment of company revenue goals
- Manages, recruits, trains, mentors & motivates Account Executives
- Defines prospecting campaigns, sales messaging, and process to achieve optimum results
- Communicates daily business activities & works effectively with corporate partners
- Recommends, initiates and directs implementation and execution of Sales policies and practices; including tactical outreach and activities
- Facilitates product and business knowledge and training among team members
- Manages day-to-day sales activity metrics
- Helps build efficiencies and accountability within the CRM and sales processes
- Effectively uses CRM, SalesLoft and other sales tools and reports for data informed decisions to better understand their region, team results and identify target opportunities
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal staff, customers, and partners by being professional, communicative, and kind
- Manages complex customer conversations and escalations
- Conducts research to stay informed of the education and private childcare market landscape and grow knowledge and understanding of new market trends
- Helps create a fun, high energy environment where people love coming to work
- Oversees usage of team systems including SFDC, SalesLoft, Agile data, GovSpend, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Sales, Marketing, Education or related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years of prior experience managing remote staff on a sales team with measured KPIs
- Minimum of 5 years of prior Sales/Business Development experience with emphasis on new customer acquisition
- Previous experience in private childcare industry a plus
- Proven success in meeting sales targets and growing market share in assigned markets
- Ability to demonstrate proven results in a fast-paced sales environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Experience in Usingcom and SalesLoft
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external stakeholders/customers
- Ability to analyze situations and resolve problems at strategic and functional level
- Ability to drive new revenue opportunities and expand business from within the existing customer base
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Solid leadership, coaching & communication skills with the demonstrated ability to inspire a team
- Technical proficiency
- Results-oriented, no excuses personality
- Proven strategic selling & negotiation skills
- Integrity & professionalism
- Interested in working hard, having fun and creating a unique workplace
- Microsoft Office Products proficiency
- Prior experience in educational sales beneficial
Why Teaching Strategies
At Teaching Strategies, our solutions and services are only as strong as the teams that create them. By bringing passion, dedication, and creativity to your job every day, there's no telling what you can do and where you can go! We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package, flexible work schedules, opportunities to engage with co-workers, access to career advancement and professional development opportunities, and the chance to make a difference in the communities we serve.
Let's open the door to your career at Teaching Strategies!
Some additional benefits & perks while working with Teaching Strategies
Teaching Strategies offers our employees a robust suite of benefits and other perks which include:
- Competitive compensation package, including Employee Equity Appreciation Program
- Health insurance benefits
- 401k with employer match
- 100% remote work environment
- Opportunity to work for the most cutting-edge, innovative EdTech company in the market
- Unlimited paid time off (which includes paid holidays and Winter Break)
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance and Professional development and growth opportunities
- 100% paid life, short and long term disability insurance
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary life and critical illness insurance
Teaching Strategies, LLC is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of Minorities, all Genders, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.