The Product Analyst will partner with Product Managers and other stakeholders in the company to support our goals of implementing more data-driven decision making practices. Reporting to the Director, Product Analytics, you’ll have the opportunity to work on complex data problems that help arm our business stakeholders with the insights to guide short- and long-term strategic initiatives. You will help ensure that the products we build and continuously improve align with short-term and long-term Product team goals by providing long-term strategic insights related to aggressively growing our user base, and will supply key stakeholders with resources (dashboards, reports, analysis, etc) that enable better tracking and monitoring of metrics. You’ll own a set of key metrics related to one or more domains, and will be responsible for monitoring changes in user engagement and helping communicate those changes to relevant teams. Additionally, you’ll support the consolidation of key dashboards that measure top level product metrics. You’ll employ expert-level stakeholder management tactics including: attending key Product Management meetings, proactively observing internal and user pain points, and solution building/formulating ways to integrate with Product Management processes in ways that ultimately help improve product planning and work cycles.
Why you’ll love this:
- As a member of our growing Product team, you will have the opportunity to work on complex data problems that help arm our business stakeholders with the insights to guide short- and long-term strategic initiatives
- You will also work closely with our Product, Tech, Content, and Design teams to analyze and validate the projects and initiatives put forth in our Product Roadmap
- You’ll be integral in setting the standard for excellence within Newsela’s Product Analytics function
- You’ll compile and synthesize analytical insights, suggest action items and next steps to guide strategic decision-making, and will help prepare and/or deliver presentations on your insights to various stakeholders across the organization
Why you're a great fit:
- You have 3+ years of experience as an Analyst in a Consumer Product Analytics or Business Analytics function
- You also have 3+ years experience in querying databases (SQL), leveraging a scripting language (R/Python) to analyze data, and/or using Looker (or other BI tools) to monitor/analyze/deliver repeatable insights
- You have experience in executing A/B tests and analyzing the experiment results
- You are an adept user of Excel and/or Google Sheets
- You enjoy visualizing data and coming up with efficient ways to present it in coherent stories to your audiences
- You excel at communicating to stakeholders across a variety of audiences, translating data insights into actionable product development plans and establishing KPIs
Base compensation range: $100,000 - $125,000. Total compensation for this role also includes incentive stock options and benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
One of the fastest growing tech companies in K-12 education, Newsela was founded on the principle that while every child may have unique learning preferences, they all deserve a rich learning experience that ignites a love of learning. We built our platform based on learning science research to deliver the most engaging, authentic content to modernize how teaching happens in the classroom. Along with interactive assessments and tools, we provide teachers with digital content at five reading levels -- from +100 of the best sources -- that is relevant to the diverse backgrounds and interests of their students. Since we started in 2013, we’ve established a presence in 90% of U.S. K-12 schools and over 2.5M teachers and 37M students have registered with Newsela.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.