A pioneer in K–12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products help teachers identify the targeted instruction students need to build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide educators with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than 10 million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com.
Amplify has undergone tremendous growth as a provider of high quality instructional materials in K-12 education. Developing and maintaining a 6K+ SKU catalog of physical products requires new innovations and frameworks to ensure that products are optimized for supply chain functions at scale. This role will work closely with product development teams to ensure that design and configuration decisions enable strong back-end service performance, which will translate to a positive customer experience. This role will support the Operations Manager to achieve near and long term excellence in product and data optimization.
"Amplify’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all staff to provide proof of vaccination for in-person meetings unless an approved exemption is provided. “
- Support the Operations Manager in developing optimal product configuration framework with manufacturing, distribution, and other supply chain functions.
- Support Operations Manager in maintaining processes between Supply Chain Operations and Product Development to ensure the design framework and corresponding design decisions are implemented consistently and monitored for high quality results.
- Maintain product records across operations technology stack (Salesforce, Netsuite, etc.) and third party partners. Ensure that product hierarchy and attributes support all necessary business reporting. Enact enterprise standards and conventions for product configuration, mastery, and data integrity.
- Act as subject matter expert regarding product configuration and customer experience related to supply chain operations workflows and capabilities.
- Support Operations Manager in collaborating with Product teams to create high-level physical product configurations for potential new products; understand and communicate operations costs and fulfillment timeline implication of # of units, scope and sequence, page counts, etc.
- Ensure that finished product files are available in time for supply chain functions and overall fulfillment readiness.
- Work with operations, external vendors, and product teams to find opportunities for process and cost efficiency.
- Support the Operations Manager in recommending a list of all physical items included in product to resolve physical format of books and configuration of products, pricing, manufacturing and fulfillment standards, and understanding & communicating operations and production cost to ensure market readiness.
- Responsible for item data processing needs of all departments (sales, marketing, product development, supply chain) while handling and performing data quality checks against standards assigned.
- Create and handle adherence to product setup standards across all business systems including the creation and maintenance of BOMs (bill of material) and item data within systems for use by Sales (selling and contracts, samples), Marketing (samples and sample bags/boxes), Product Development (versions, substitutions, corrections needing new ISBNs), and Supply Chain (purchasing, vendor management, printing, assembly, sample orders, customer orders).
- Work with the internal Implementation team and customers to help ensure an effective materials and entitlement onboarding process, as well as delivery issues, defective or replacement materials, or enrollment concerns for managed accounts between $1M-5M.
- Communicate risks to and escalate issues to Amplify Supply Chain and senior leadership
- Align with Amplify’s diversity, equity, and inclusion goals for its employees and products
- Ensure all teammates, as well as cross-company team members, experience inclusion, are engaged in their projects, and feel psychological safety to bring their authentic and true selves to work
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience managing print production and/or materials kit production
- 3+ years of experience in project management
- Experience delivering impeccable customer service to strategic customers
- Intermediate Financial knowledge (e.g. calculating margin, ROI analysis)
- Supply chain and / or continuous improvement experience
- Ability to think strategically and manage multiple competing priorities
- Enthusiastic self-starter, ready to roll up your sleeves and dive into problem solving
- Ability to think and react in a high energy and fast paced environment
- Passion for sharing findings and actionable insights
- Collaborative and excited to work with many different teams across the company
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience in the field of education technology
- Experience with project management tools (Smartsheets, Trello)
What we offer:
Salary is only one component of the Amplify Total Rewards package, which includes a lucrative 401(k) plan, incentive stock options, competitive health insurance and mental health options, basic life insurance, paid time off, parental leave, and access to best-in-class development programs. The gross salary range for this role is $55,819 - $77,868. This role is eligible to receive an annual discretionary bonus that rewards individual and company performance.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.