As a Product Designer, you will be responsible for creating exceptionally designed user experiences for our suite of applications, catering to our customers: students, parents, learning coaches, and teachers. You will work closely with designers, product management, and developers to drive customer-centric solutions.
Working with a fast-paced team of specialists, the Product Designer will be responsible for collaborating with the team and stakeholders to help identify the requirements and objectives needed to meet the business goals. You will be expected to work autonomously to meet deliverables that include designs, prototyping and testing. The product designer should have experience in designing products from start to finish and have a portfolio that demonstrates complex mobile and desktop application design.
Excellent UX/UI design skills a must. The ideal candidate for this role will be adaptable, detailed, a self-starter, have good communication skills, be a team player, and have a good understanding for technology platforms and how to design for specific scenarios.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Create elegant and intuitive user experiences by incorporating user insights, business requirements and technical constraints, following design principles and accessibility.
- Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups with detailed visual design specifications for mobile, and web interfaces throughout the design process.
- Create UX solutions for complex problems. Work through ambiguity and adapt your approach to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Be a champion for user-centered design by partnering with researchers to test your solutions in front of users.
- Be willing to build lightweight prototypes, conduct scrappy and quick user testing on your own if required.
- Present design work to UX, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Contribute to user experience design guidelines and design system. Develop best practices and standards for the Stride Design Center of Excellence.
- Work closely with product engineers to suggest improvements for products and processes.
- Help build out design processes, tools, and culture.
- Work within design guidelines to create assets that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Five (5) years of experience in web application product design
- An online portfolio that communicates a range of successful user-centered designs that demonstrate proven experience with the user-centered design methodology, telling stories, generating detailed wire frames or prototypes, and delivering comprehensive specifications.
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience creating software design solutions and scalable dynamic user interfaces for complex problems using web design principles and technologies.
- Experience facilitating and collaborating with developers and product managers in solutioning and implementation of designs.
- Adept with contemporary design tools including Sketch, Invision, Figma, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience planning and executing effective user research such as surveys, interviews, and usability studies.
- Experience solving UX challenges in creating scalable, user-friendly design solutions.
- Experience incorporating business requirements and technical constraints into design, as well as influencing business roadmap and decision-making.
- Experience designing for various platforms and device types with knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Proficient working in shared creative environment
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, attention to detail, and communication skills
- Solid understanding of user-centered design and design patterns
- Solid foundation in layout and design
- Ability to clear required background check
- Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interactions, product design or related field
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience designing for accessibility (WCAG 2.1).
- Experience in gaming platform design or a similar subject
- Experience designing and shipping products and features from inception to launch in a fast paced environment
- HTML and CSS coding experience.
- Knowledge of common UI frameworks like React Native / Web
- Experience working with geographically-dispersed teams.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position. This position is virtual and open to residents of the 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections.
- We anticipate the salary range to be $70,055 to $120,246.25. The upper end of this range is not likely to be offered, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)