Join Pluralsight on our mission to advance the world's technology workforce and bring high-quality instruction to thousands of technologists across the globe! Pluralsight is currently hiring a Software Development Author to work full-time creating content core to our technology library. This position will include valuable opportunities to maintain your ties with the technology industry, through participation in research, conferences, and other engagements, as well as an opportunity to help educate the next generation of software developers.
WHAT YOU'LL OWN:
Pluralsight Authors are a unique breed of technical professional, combining years of in-the-trenches experience, topical leadership, and amazing teaching and communications skills. As a Software Development Author, you must be able to:
- Develop educational content to be published on the Pluralsight platform
- Help identify industry trends in designated content areas
- Produce slides (using Microsoft PowerPoint, Apple Keynote, or compatible), using templates, to a provided set of standards and practices
- Set up and operate audiovisual equipment for narrating and editing screen capture- and slide-based presentations.
- Use screen-recording and video-editing software to capture demonstrations and produce finished content to Pluralsight standards.
- Demonstrate strong narration skills
- Demonstrate strong writing skills
- Be a capable and enthusiastic “lifelong learner,” capable of picking up new techniques, processes, and technologies through continuous and rigorous research and self-directed study.
EXPERIENCE YOU'LL NEED:
- At least 3 years of professional experience in full stack development.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Active participation in the software development community through conferences, blogging, or open-source contributions.
- A strong portfolio of educational content or technical writing samples.
Job candidates will be required to prepare and submit a 10-minute Author Audition showcasing their teaching and communications skills.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age or protected veteran status. Pluralsight will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please visit the bottom of our website
to learn how to request an accommodation.
For more information on Pluralsight’s commitment to building a more diverse and inclusive workforce please review our most recent Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here