About the Role:
Innovation is at the heart of all that we do at DreamBox. We’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns. Currently, DreamBox helps over 6 million students improve their math and literacy and build a love for learning at the same time. And we are just getting started! Join us to evolve and scale our products to expand our reach in the US and globally to ensure students everywhere are successful in reaching their goals.
As a Product Manager, you’ll focus on the experience that DreamBox teachers and administrators use. You'll partner with engineers, design, marketing and other key team members to build an educator experience that our customers love. You'll analyze data to understand usage and customer feedback to inform product enhancements that optimize learning and engagement.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Understand and advocate for customer needs. Driving customer research where needed.
- Interacting with students, teachers, and industry experts.
- Collaborate with our UX, data science, curriculum and sales and marketing teams to identify and design new features that benefit teachers and administrators.
- Work directly with engineering teams in an Agile environment to identify requirements, write stories and acceptance criteria, and prioritize the backlog.
- Lead prioritization conversations, bringing in stakeholders and identifying tradeoffs for each path forward to get to a decision.
- Set product goals and develop a product roadmap to achieve them.
- Communicate data, insights and business requirements clearly, distilling complexity down to its essence.
- Partner with UX and engineering team through the development process to bring features to life.
- Support sales and marketing with customer-facing messaging and go-to-market activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 2+ years of Product Management or Product Owner with demonstrated experience building web products working in an agile environment
- Excellent analytical abilities to break down and solve complex problems.
- Outstanding written / verbal communication and presentation abilities, able to communicate complex ideas to a nontechnical audience
- Experience with story writing and backlog prioritization
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
- EdTech experience is desired.
- Experience in B2B or B2B2C markets.
Compensation and Benefits:
Expected base salary range for this position is $95,000 – $125,280 USD annually based on several factors, including experience and geography. This position is also eligible for an annual incentive bonus or sales commission bonus, depending on the role, and benefits that are designed to support you & your family. If you are hired at DreamBox Learning, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on considerations such as geographic location, skills, responsibilities of the role, education, and/or relevant experience. In addition to those factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider the compensation of our current team members as a part of evaluating and extending any final offer.
We are proud to offer employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package:
- Health Care Dependent Care
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off - Front Loaded (4 weeks)
- Accrued Sick Time
- DreamBox "Hero Days" Volunteer Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- 9 Paid Holidays + Annual Winter Holiday Break (Typically the last week of December)
DreamBox Learning, the leading K-12 education technology provider, is radically transforming the way the world learns. As the only dual-discipline solution rated STRONG by Johns Hopkins’ EvidenceforESSA.org in both math and reading, DreamBox provides schools with high-quality adaptive learning solutions independently proven to accelerate student growth. Built by educators for educators, DreamBox empowers teachers and district administrators with robust data analytics and content-specific professional development solutions to complement instruction. DreamBox supports over 400,000 educators and approximately 6 million students in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and throughout the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, and Mexico. For more information, visit https://www.dreambox.com/
At DreamBox, we believe diversity is an essential strength. That’s why we’re committed to providing an inclusive culture, an equitable work environment, and creating the most effective educational products that celebrate the diversity in students, families, communities, and the world. We know that talent exists everywhere, but opportunity does not. Therefore, we are a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, but we don’t make these commitments simply because they’re required by law. We hold ourselves to a higher standard and make these commitments so that everyone at DreamBox can bring their full selves to our important mission. Our identities matter, and in order to create a more just, equitable world, we know it begins with DreamBox being an inclusive workplace that serves as a model for that change.