As a member of the Product Management team, you will have the opportunity to join a growing team that directly impacts our mission to deliver meaningful classroom learning to every student. As Product Manager you will be responsible for building and improving the experience on Newsela. You will leverage your skills to identify opportunities, track performance, and drive the largest possible impact. You will enhance the capabilities within the product and work cross-functionally to launch and maintain features that impact Newsela’s growth.
Why you’ll love this:
- You will leverage research and data to understand the opportunities to create a meaningful and impactful experience for our users
- You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to the vision, strategy, and roadmap of features for the Product Management team to drive Newsela’s business goals
- You will define and deliver on short and long term product goals
- You will hold cross-functional teams accountable to deliver on time and within scope
- You’ll build on your experience leading both successful and failed experimentations
Why you're a great fit:
- You have 3+ years of experience in a Product Management function scaling new or existing products
- You have experience in product strategy, roadmap planning, and execution
- You love data, creating metrics, establishing goals with a Data team, and prioritizing your roadmap accordingly
- You can leverage your strong analytical skills to dig into data and identify the opportunities that drive the largest impact
- You know how to collaborate cross-functionally and take ownership of decision-making for your product
- You understand customer needs and how to partner with data, research, and design to quantify and qualify your ideas
Base compensation range: $95,000 - $150,000. Total compensation for this role also includes incentive stock options and benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
One of the fastest growing tech companies in K-12 education, Newsela was founded on the principle that while every child may have unique learning preferences, they all deserve a rich learning experience that ignites a love of learning. We built our platform based on learning science research to deliver the most engaging, authentic content to modernize how teaching happens in the classroom. Along with interactive assessments and tools, we provide teachers with digital content at five reading levels -- from +100 of the best sources -- that is relevant to the diverse backgrounds and interests of their students. Since we started in 2013, we’ve established a presence in 90% of U.S. K-12 schools and over 2.5M teachers and 37M students have registered with Newsela.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.