Come help us change the world!
We are looking for a strategic problem solver who is comfortable making decisions and leading through change. Reporting to the VP of Product Management for Humanities & Science, the Product Manager supports the vision, strategy, development, and delivery of market-leading solutions in the Secondary (grades 6-12) Social Studies Portfolio. This role works to guide communication and collaboration of the cross-functional teams in an efficient and effective manner to ensure that the execution of the product plan is aligned to the requirements. The Product Manager supports the VP in evaluating new ventures and opportunities within the team’s assigned segment.
Your knowledge of educational technology, product development, and classroom teaching will combine with marketing inputs to define product and service solutions that are effective, engaging, efficient, and easy to use. You must be energized through meaningful collaboration with cross-functional teams, including content experts, project managers, business managers, and product marketing managers. You champion the voice of the customer and provide leadership to a large project team to maintain a consistent product vision.
This position can work remotely within the United States.
A typical day might include:
- Understand the voice of the customer, including the relevant user, buyer, and market/competitive landscape
- Set product strategy, including the product vision, roadmap timeline, business goals, and lifecycle management.
- determine scope
- prioritize feature requests
- propose investments
- set expectations for on-going iteration and integration
- Clearly articulate the business case for new products, extending a product line, or enhancing an existing offering
- Manage overall financial and product performance, including revenue, profit, and loss through the product lifecycle—from strategic planning to market launch to product retirement
- Lead cross-functional groups in solution design, concept development, and decision-making on component array
- Stay abreast of research-based instructional techniques to inform the product development process
- Define and prioritize product requirements throughout product development and versioning in every format of product delivery
- Facilitate research throughout development and versioning process to support efficient investments and a customer focus
- Serve as an internal and external spokesperson around messaging, go-to-market strategy, and marketing plan execution
- Support the launch of the product by collaborating with content experts, marketing, and sales
- Continuously monitor product performance, the competitive environment, and market changes so that you can increase product effectiveness and ultimately drive profitability
- Work with the Senior Director to manage a profitable P&L and develop a strategic business plan for assigned portfolio.
- Evaluates new opportunities (potential acquisition or partnerships)
What can you bring to the role?
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5 plus years of experience related to instructional solutions; expertise in both digital and print delivery
- Experience in secondary social studies and/or humanities is a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of pedagogy and K-12 teaching environment with teaching experience, preferred
- Ability to approach planning and execute in a strategic, organized and fiscally responsible manner.
- Ability to analyze, summarize and synthesize varied inputs and thus form cohesive, engaging solutions that are profitable; must think and act strategically while demonstrating the hands-on skills necessary to deliver high-quality product solutions.
- "Can-do” attitude and persistence; leading cross-functional team in the same fashion.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment, while successfully dealing with various levels of challenges.
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate across teams.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills; must be a direct, articulate, and thoughtful communicator.
- Highly organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Displays and acts with initiative, integrity, and professionalism.
- Collaborative, experienced team player with problem-solving skills who is dedicated to meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
As an education innovation company, we are proud to play our part by inspiring teachers and students around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we will help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw Hill and together, we will impact the world.
McGraw-Hill Education is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we will also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
The pay range for this position is between $95k- $115k annually, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. An annual bonus plan may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and/or other benefits, depending on the position offered.Click here to learn more about our benefit offerings.