Macmillan Learning is seeking a Product Manager, Data Science & AI Strategy. The Product Manager for AI Strategy and Data Science collaborates closely with Product leaders across business units to deliver on our AI-centric product strategy. Their primary focus is developing and executing the AI strategy, ensuring alignment with our overall product vision. By leveraging expertise in AI and product management, they help to guide and inspire Product teams to deliver best-of-market product-led solutions. This role will join an established Product organization, and will work closely with another Product Manager on AI and Data Science focused initiatives. This role will work with Tech, UX, and stakeholder groups to advance our capabilities in AI and data science.
The Product Manager sets priorities for the Data Science team within the Product group. Their guidance is instrumental in leveraging data-driven insights and methodologies to enhance our product offerings. By synthesizing input from cross-functional teams, our Data Scientists, and our customers, they ensure that the solutions we bring to market are not only desirable for our users but also feasible, viable, and aligned with our business goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead discovery effort to understand problems to solve and validate solutions with users in order to evaluate priorities and alignment to OKRs based on qualitative and quantitative data, making recommendations based on those insights and their importance to project partners to help drive the tool vision and roadmap.
- Responsible for cataloging and synthesizing feedback from users and internal customer liaisons to manage a well organized and well informed backlog. Evangelize the product backlog such that priorities show clear alignment to business objectives. Coordinate cross-functionally with other product managers, engineering and UX to complete multi-team initiatives and establish priority.
- Regularly analyze the competitive marketplace to best understand customer use of tools and provide advice accordingly. Use system data, feedback from customers and other data points to analyze the impact the solution has for users. Monitor, run data analysis, and report on key performance indicators for product features.
- Collaborate with UX and Engineering to obtain early feedback on solutions and understand efforts and trade-offs. Define product features and communicate requirements to UX designers and engineering teams via clearly-written requirement documents, diagrams, and concise verbal communication.
- Track and drive cross-functional product rollout outside of the product development team (Product/UX/Engineering), including coordinating with Learning Science, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Experience teams to facilitate successful product use.
- Assess, measure, and present the impact of their team’s work directly to stakeholders, quantifying the value of their progress, and evaluating or recommending possible courses of action. Establish and maintain internal partner relationships aligned with evaluating viability and supporting implementation through launch efforts.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3+ years’ experience designing and building new products and enhancing existing products.
- 2+ years’ product management or business analyst experience.
- Demonstrated ability to exert influence and deliver on capabilities without having direct control over all participating resources.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledgeable across many functional areas: product management, UX, editorial, sales, customer support, finance, and marketing.
- Problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate complex information orally and in writing to a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience building trust and collaboration through excellent interpersonal skills
Strong technical abilities.
- Flexible and willing to work as a team member doing whatever it takes to release an exceptional product.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated success in product strategy and execution.
- Product management or product design experience with a focus on higher education.
- Product Management Certification a plus.
- A passion for EdTech, teaching, or another role.
- Product Management or Agile Scrum certification.
- Solid product management experience with a track record of creating innovative software/mobile applications.
- Programming or prototyping experience a plus, agile experience preferred.
Salary Range: $89,000-$110,000/year.
Must be able to concentrate and multi-task for long periods of time in a noisy/busy environment. Must be able to travel and work more than 40 hours per week on occasion.
Candidates based in Austin, TX prefered.
Regular full-time and qualifying part-time employees and their dependents are eligible for Macmillan benefits, effective on the employee’s date of hire. Macmillan also offers health benefits coverage to qualifying same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners (may require additional documentation) of active employees.
- Competitive pay and bonus plan
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Contributions to your 401k retirement account through Fidelity
- Generous paid time off, sick time, floating holidays, and paid holidays (International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, Juneteenth, Indigenous People's Day, and more!)
- Employee Assistance Program, Education Assistance Program
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- And much more!
Macmillan Learning is a privately-held, family owned company that improves lives through learning. By linking research to learning practice, we develop pioneering products and learning materials for students that are highly effective and drive improved outcomes. Our engaging content is developed in partnership with the world's best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers. To learn more, please visit macmillanlearning.com
or see us on Facebook
or join our Macmillan Community
. Macmillan Learning is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a family-owned global media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, veteran, family and economic status and background, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels. You can read more about our Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion initiatives here.
The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Bedford, Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC d/b/a Macmillan Learning. Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC has developed an affirmative action program in compliance with the NY Department of Education’s guidance. Portions of the affirmative action program are available for review by applicants and employees by contacting Human Resources at Macmillan Learning.
Education - Required
Bachelors or better.