A pioneer in K–12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products help teachers identify the targeted instruction students need to build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide educators with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than 10 million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com.
Desmos Classroom is a digital platform that powers interactive learning experiences for teachers and students across Amplify products. The platform currently powers the free teacher tools and lessons available at teacher.desmos.com as well as the Amplify Desmos Math curriculum.
We are seeking a product manager with a strong design sense and comfort with modern software development to help us shape our product roadmap as we integrate our technology with more Amplify products, support the transition of Science and ELA content to the Desmos Classroom platform, and expand the capabilities and reach of the free product.
Amplify’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all staff to provide proof of vaccination for in-person meetings unless an approved exemption is provided.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN MORE ABOUT AFTER YOU’RE HIRED:
- Our team’s chosen product development framework, Shape Up.
- Our commitment to accessibility and how to keep accessibility in mind during the development process.
- Our approach to building reliable software—scoping, design, architecture, code review, testing, automation, monitoring, etc.
- How our content authors build engaging and effective lessons while being mindful of how technology can both help and hinder students and teachers.
WITHIN YOUR FIRST WEEK, YOU’LL:
- Introduce yourself on Slack to your new colleagues!
- Learn more about our users and their needs from our content authoring teams, and by hearing from users directly.
- Work with our engineering and design teams to understand new features currently being built and the use cases for those new features and improvements.
WITHIN YOUR FIRST MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Talk to classroom teachers to develop a deep understanding of their needs.
- Look at metrics and usage data to understand our current usage patterns and start to develop hypotheses of where we can improve.
- Work with our product leadership team to determine a few key problems to research and develop solutions in collaboration with members of the content authoring, engineering, and design teams.
- Write a project proposal for at least one new feature or project idea (i.e., write a pitch).
WITHIN YOUR FIRST THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Research and write proposals for many new potential projects.
- Work with a cross-disciplinary team to help guide a project from start to finish.
- Lead the communication around new features, including working with our marketing team and customer success team to ensure a successful and smooth release.
- Use a combination of usage data and anecdotes from users to understand whether a release successfully met user needs.
WITHIN YOUR FIRST YEAR, YOU’LL:
- Leverage your strong product sense to ensure that the new features we ship maintain a high bar of always being delightful and intuitive.
- Understand and help shape our long-term product roadmap by becoming familiar with Amplify’s long term goals and how product improvements help us meet those goals.
- Take a vacation to recharge. We do our best work when we’re happy and well-rested!
- Expertise in software features that you helped guide from start to finish in a previous role as a product manager.
- Proven ability to implement effective processes and build a healthy team culture to help software development teams ship great products.
- Ability to use data to effectively drive product priorities and evaluate the success of a product change or a feature after release.
- Ability to identify examples of intuitive, delightful software design that drive the success of a product.
What we offer:
Salary is only one component of the Amplify Total Rewards package, which includes a lucrative 401(k) plan, incentive stock options, competitive health insurance and mental health options, basic life insurance, paid time off, parental leave, and access to best-in-class development programs. The gross salary range for this role is $105k - $120k. This role is eligible to receive an annual discretionary bonus that rewards individual and company performance.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.