At McGraw Hill School we create best-in-class education solutions that are used by millions of students and educators every day. With that comes the unique opportunity to touch lives across the world and experience first-hand the difference your hard work makes. We do this in a supportive, collaborative environment where you can grow your career in a way that fits into your life.
It is a new day for math at McGraw Hill! Our new math leadership is seeking an ambitious Product Manager to support and grow our in-market mathematics portfolio. If you are passionate about building great products and want to see your work have a huge impact at scale, we want to hear from you!
This position can work remotely within the United States.
Come help us change the world!
As a Product Manager, you partner with the Director of Product Management, Core Math, to understand and oversee market strategy for our in-market math products. You will understand the market, our customer footprint, and all aspects of supporting these products and their users. You support the product market launches, and continuously monitor product performance, the competitive environment, and market changes. This includes an understanding of usage data and patterns, customer feedback, maintenance issues, update planning and more. You will also partner with a broad range of stakeholders to develop strong roadmaps of improvements of our in-market portfolio.
We are transforming our product approach, and we need you to help us change into the best possible team. We are seeking a product person who has an unstoppable passion to succeed, and to contribute to and support successful teams around them – helping them discover, design, and build an excellent product and customer experience. You enjoy the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing transformation of the product team into a more dynamic, creative, and effective organization.
A typical day might include:
- There is no typical day on our team, so you are applying your significant product skills in every way possible! If your days get typical, we are becoming complacent, so you need to shake it up!
- You are able to effectively communicate with a broad range of contributors – product, sales, PMO, marketing, executive leadership and more – to influence a matrixed organization into being a powerful force for great products.
- You have excellent organizational skills and a mastery of the tools needed to support them. You love the details!
- You are familiar with research to support effective investments and support product leadership in evaluating new ventures and opportunities within your product space.
- Contribute strongly to business cases to satisfy our customers’ needs and enhance our in-market offerings.
- You have financial experience and can understand the impact of decisions on a profitable P&L.
- Participate with cross-functional groups in solution design, concept development, and decision-making on a component array.
- Define and prioritize product requirements, serve as an internal/external spokesperson, support the product launch, and continuously monitor product performance, the competitive environment, and market changes.
- Be able to make some snazzy, succinct, and powerful presentations to get your point across at all levels of the organization.
What can you bring to the role?
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Core education or education technology experience strongly preferred.
- You are a strong product thinker. This role requires someone who can bring strong processes and tools to the table. We would prefer 3+ years of experience in product management or similar roles.
- You are a strong business communicator. You can connect and communicate with all internal teams (marketing, design, sales, project management, academic leaders, instructional designers, engineering, executive leadership, and more).
- You are an empathetic human being. You can connect/communicate/empathize with our educators, administrators, and our students.
- You know when to be strategic and when to be tactical. You understand that there is a time to be “in the weeds,” and you can redirect teams that tend to find themselves focused on unimportant details.
- You are not afraid of spreadsheets. Although you have incredible support from our friends in finance, you need to be comfortable working in a multi-million-dollar P&L to understand your product investment plans.
- You are relentless in your pursuit of success and creating insisting upon building strong, successful teammates.
As an education innovation company, we are proud to play our part by inspiring teachers and students around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we will help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw Hill and together, we will impact the world.
The pay range for this position is between $90k- $105k annually, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. An annual bonus plan may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and/or other benefits, depending on the position offered.Click here to learn more about our benefit offerings.