Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
About the Role:
The Product Marketing Manager is a key member of the team within Professional Learning and is responsible for designing and executing the go-to-market strategy for the Assessment Business for the L&D market. This person will work closely with the Brand Directors to support all upcoming feature and technical launches. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical product capabilities into benefits will be crucial. Critical for this role is the ability to clearly articulate the value proposition, understand customer needs, the market landscape, and passion for communicating product value to both internal teams and the market.
How you will make an impact:
- Define the market opportunity for a product; perform segmentation and targeting exercises that identify the segments with the highest propensity to buy
- Be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—Track key competitors, develop competitive analysis (including how they are positioned) and reports, and make recommendations on how to position effectively against competition.
Product marketing Strategy and Execution
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our Brand Leads, including product marketing plan, sales enablement plan, launch plan, solution handbook, to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Create collateral (brochures, fact sheets, presentations, website, and customer assets) to be used for a variety of audiences and target segments highlighting product strengths, features and benefits.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Assess the on-going effectiveness of the marketing programs launched, and adapt/optimize for future launches.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
Communication and Cross Functional Collaboration
- Collaborate with the Product, Sales and Marketing communications teams to develop simple, clear, and compelling messaging and positioning for Everything DiSC product offerings that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Collaborate with Content team to guide white papers and thought leadership in support of product launches and brand awareness.
- Develop customer references, testimonials and case studies for external and internal use
What we look for:
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from 4-yr college or university in Business, Marketing or a related area of study
- Strong results orientation.
- Passion for developing social and emotional skills and building healthier organizational culture.
- Innovative thinker and creative problem solver with a willingness and proven ability to challenge the status quo with multiple unknown inputs as the organization evolves to a more contemporary practice.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with strong ability to; adept at successfully influencing and integrating internal and external resources within a highly matrix environment. Team player!
- Experience with a B2B organization.
- Exceptional written, oral and presentation skills with advanced PowerPoint presentation skills. Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a strong writer.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is, or is not working
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Wrike and Salesforce.
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate all qualified applicants and treat all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Wiley is also committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
We are proud that our workplace promotes continual learning and internal mobility. Our values support courageous teammates, needle movers and learning champions all while striving to support the health and well-being of all employees, for example we offer meeting-free Friday afternoons allowing more time for heads down work and professional development.
We are committed to fair, transparent pay, and we strive to provide competitive compensation in addition to a comprehensive benefits package. This range represents Wiley’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the base pay for this role at the time of posting. It is anticipated that most qualified candidates will fall within the range, however the ultimate salary offered for this role may be higher or lower and will be set based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including but not limited to, geographic location, skills, and competencies.
Location/Division: St Louis Park, MN, USA
Job Requisition: R2300550
Remote Location: No
Time Type: Full Time
US Target Base Pay Range: $71,000 - $99,700