Impact the Moment
McGraw Hill is a diverse and inclusive company that believes we can change the world by leveling the playing field and giving every learner an equal opportunity to succeed. We create best-in-class, next-generation learning platforms that are used by millions of students and educators worldwide. Our goal is to accelerate student success through intuitive and effective learning experiences, and to continually reimagine the way our customers teach and learn, simplifying the path to a better education for all.
McGraw Hill Higher Education is seeking several Product Owners to join its Platform & Product Delivery team. We are currently hiring Product Owners in the following focus areas; Adaptive Learning Solutions, Learning Tools, AI/Adaptivity, Data, Skills Based Learning and Customer Experience.
How can you make an impact?
As the Product Owner, you will work closely with users, technology product managers, engineers, designers, and other stakeholders to conduct research, devise innovative ideas, requirements and roadmaps, work with the go-to-market (GTM) teams to successfully launch new platform builds and customer experiences, measure their in-field performance against KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), and implement improvement strategies and tactics. You will be responsible for partnering with your director to determine what the product team builds, the investment needed, and the KPIs tied to usage and quality of user experience. The Product Owner is responsible and accountable for the success of the platform build delivered to market.
The Product Owner is a champion of our platform vision and a catalyst of new opportunities balancing continued platform improvements with new innovation. This role is an opportunity to shape the future direction of McGraw Hill’s platform strategy and delivery for the higher education market.
This role is open to remote candidates located within the United States and requires 25 to 50 percent travel throughout the year.
What you will be doing:
- Own investment business cases supporting platform strategy; inclusive of financial forecasts, defining KPIs, obtaining approval, operationalizing, and executing the business cases
- Partner with business and product leadership to create a market-focused development roadmap that delivers customer value and maximizes revenue opportunities; accountable for the success of platform build delivered to market
- Partner with business, marketing, and other stakeholders on all aspects of the Go to Market Plan for new features, including but not limited to data capture needed, timeline of release to customers, training, and communication to internal and external customers
- Own market and user research to gain a deep understanding of customer needs, challenges, and motivations as well as, market segmentation & the competitive landscape as it relates to platforms and functionality
- Leverage data throughout product lifecycle to make informed decisions, inform innovative ideas, and create superior experiences for customers
- Partner with technical and product leaders across the organization to align strategy and platform investments and work closely with technology product managers to create compelling, high quality customer experiences
- Operate at both the strategic and tactical levels and form strong cross-team partnerships that cultivate strong product culture and ensure combined success for the product organization
- Measure and report on in-field product performance against KPIs and adjust strategies and tactics as needed updating internal stakeholders
- Partner with customer support, sales team and other stakeholders to troubleshoot and resolve customer pain points and drive continuous product improvements
- Responsible for representing the voice of customer, business acceptance testing (BAT) execution, and product training for Portfolio/Marketing/Sales partners
What you can bring to this role:
- Bachelor's degree, advanced degree preferred
- 3-5 years' experience in product management or related field
- Experience managing and delivering multiple projects to deadline and budget simultaneously
- Experience with and desire for frequent customer/user interaction
- Professional experience designing and conducting user research plans
- Experience managing vendors and working within budget
- Data-driven mentality with focus on analyzing and synthesizing financial, usage, and/or research data to understand market trends and product performance to create data-informed strategies.
- Certification as an Agile product owner and/or demonstrated success managing software platforms and tools with significant growth or revenue responsibility
- Technical degree or equivalent experience working with engineers to make product decisions on behalf of customers
- Experience delivering highly complex software products with intuitive user experiences from inception to launch
- Professional knowledge of data analysis software such as Tableau and/or Alteryx
- Experience with Google Analytics, Web Trends or SalesForce reporting
- Strong technical understanding with the ability to establish credibility with engineers
- Experience in accessibility & WCAG guidelines
The pay range for this position is between $82,000 – $130,000 annually, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. An annual bonus plan may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and/or other benefits, depending on the position offered. Click here to learn more about our benefit offerings.