Blueprint Test Prep has an opportunity for a Product UI/UX Designer to join our team to continue the evolution of our LSAT, MCAT, and nursing platform products. You will work directly with our head of design, product manager, and a team of developers on all aspects of the product. This role will own important product design decisions and will help guide the team to build the best possible product through the strategic use of research, analysis, design, production, and testing. This would include adhering to Blueprint’s philosophy of design by creating work that is goal-oriented, procedural, practical, evidence based, and collaborative. This is a U.S. remote-based position.
Who You Are
- Must have at least 5 years of experience designing products for desktop and mobile web applications.
- A strong portfolio of work in product UI and UX.
- A deep understanding of responsive design for all types of screens.
- Experienced in working directly with engineers/development team to partner in making your designs fully functional and ensuring they match your original design work.
- Are collaborative with other designers and product managers and bring a track record of strong stakeholder management and internal evangelism.
- A pixel perfect designer who is hyper-organized, has a high level of attention to detail, and is comfortable managing project timelines.
- Have participated in user testing and user research that directly affected your product work.
- Passionate about helping build the future of online education and get excited at trying to solve the problems we’re trying to solve.
- Are high energy, self-motivated, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment.
- Take your work very seriously but not yourself.
What You’ll Do
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand and refine goals, requirements, and timelines.
- Determine what questions to ask and what actions to take to arrive at the desired insights.
- Clearly communicate ideas, challenges, questions, concepts, and insights verbally to other designers or the team.
- Build process flows, wireframes, high fidelity mock-ups, prototypes, and production-ready art assets.
- Build convincing prototypes for usability testing.
- Assist in the planning of UX research, as well as other methods of information gathering.
- Update layouts, make adjustments, or address weaknesses in designs based on feedback from users, designers, developers, product managers, or other stakeholders.
- Demonstrate behaviors using interactive prototypes, animations, or recordings.
- Create clean, consistent, and understandable deliverables for developer handoff.
- Develop mockups that clearly illustrate how the product looks and feels.
- Develop interactive prototypes that clearly demonstrate how the product functions and animates.
- Utilize style guides, component libraries, color palettes, icon sets, font libraries, photo collections, stock assets, existing mockups, and live products to keep designs consistent, on brand, and evolving in a controlled manner.
- Create components, features, layouts, and flows that are intuitive and applicable in different contexts, and shared between teams.
- Build responsive layouts that support different device types and sizes with minimal loss of functionality.
- Create UI components like menus, tabs, widgets, nav elements, tables, forms, etc.
- Create original graphics like icons and simple illustrations.
Life at Blueprint
Hi, we’re Blueprint. We live at the intersection of education and technology. We use cutting edge technology and powerful data to create personalized and innovative learning experiences. Our team is passionate about education and its ability to improve lives. Our learners hold us to a high standard, and we do the same with each other. We thrive on change, we are relentless about improvement, we practice trust-based vulnerability, and we are committed to a culture of freedom and responsibility. We get a lot done, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
More details on life at Blueprint:
- Meaning. Do meaningful work that has a positive impact on society.
- Influence. Good ideas win and we value contributions from everyone.
- Innovation. It’s central to who we are and everything we do.
- Growth. We are always learning and you will sharpen your skill set.
- Performance. We set aspirational goals and make them happen.
- Low ego. High energy. That’s our recipe for success.
- Autonomy. Our team thrives with freedom and responsibility.
- Flexibility. We trust our people to do great work without unnecessary rules.
- Remote first. And not going back.
- Competitive salary at a fast-growing company
- Remote-first work environment allowing for flexibility
- Unlimited PTO, comprehensive health benefits and 401(k) match
- Additional Reenergize Days to support work-life balance
- Monthly remote-work stipend
- Flexible Spending Account
- Parental leave benefits
- Volunteer opportunities
- Health & wellness focus: quarterly yoga and mental health seminars
- Quarterly no meeting weeks
- Continual learning, Lunch-and-Learn, and mentoring opportunities
- Free employee test prep programs and family discounts
At Blueprint we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.