At Evaluation Systems we help design and deploy educator workforce solutions so every learner has capable educators. The Program Manager is a member of the Assessment Operations Group, which is a Project Management Organization that directly supports our state programs. You will be responsible for ensuring high-quality deliverables for large-scale, high-stakes educator certification testing programs. Success in this role requires a strong client focus, along with the ability to collaborate effectively and coordinate work across multiple functional teams.
The Program Manager will serve in a hybrid remote / office format, working remotely and commuting when in-office activities are required in Pearson’s Hadley, MA office.
- Work with internal staff to develop processes, procedures, and schedules for meeting project deliverables and client needs.
- Conceptualize and articulate the components and dependencies of complex projects to others.
- Work with state education agency clients to ensure plans are viable, roles and responsibilities are clearly defined, and clear lines of communication are established.
- Establish, schedule, and facilitate program meetings.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate a master schedule of contract deliverables.
- Adjust current processes, when appropriate, to improve the delivery, coordination, or quality of contract deliverables.
- Manage scope changes so impacts to contracts, budgets, activities, and schedules are documented and communicated to senior leadership.
- Coordinate with functional teams to ensure workflows and handoffs are efficient and effective.
- Provide internal and external program leadership with regular program status updates.
- Five or more years of project management experience, including responsibility for managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with senior-level external clients
- Bachelor's degree is required, Master's/advanced degree is preferred
- PMP certification is preferred
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to apply project management best practices to communications, planning, quality, and risk and issue management
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills; demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships at all levels of the organization, including the ability to work effectively within a remote team and across departments
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills, with the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of project management principles and related tools, such as Smartsheet, MS Project, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel 10%
- Experience in higher education environment a plus
What to expect from Pearson
Did you know Pearson is one of the 10 most innovative education companies of 2022?
At Pearson, we add life to a lifetime of learning so everyone can realize the life they imagine. We do this by creating vibrant and enriching learning experiences designed for real-life impact. We are on a journey to be 100 percent digital to meet the changing needs of the global population by developing a new strategy with ambitious targets. To deliver on our strategic vision, we have five business divisions that are the foundation for the long-term growth of the company: Assessment & Qualifications, Virtual Learning, English Language Learning, Workforce Skills and Higher Education. Alongside these, we have our corporate divisions: Digital & Technology, Finance, Global Corporate Marketing & Communications, Human Resources, Legal, Strategy and Direct to Consumer. Learn more at We are Pearson.
We value the power of an inclusive culture and also a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to building a workplace where talent can learn, grow and thrive.
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We want a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other group protected by law. We strive for a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, navigate to: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Pearson.
If you are an individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career site as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that the information you provide will stay confidential and will be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process. Job:
Assessment & QualificationsSchedule: