Great Minds®, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Project Coordinator to support the production of Great Minds curricular materials.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Great Minds seeks a Project Coordinator to work closely with colleagues across multiple internal teams to plan, schedule, and support ongoing projects for the production of all Great Minds curricula.
- Works closely with project managers to create comprehensive project management plans and to control projects
- Provides administrative assistance to project managers and leadership to keep all stages of a project moving forward
- Coordinates meetings, resources, and information to keep workflow on track
- Manages project-related documents by ensuring all are current, properly named, and filed correctly
- Designs, creates, and updates project dashboards, which serve as the main navigation tool to all project documents and high-level project status
- Directs project correspondence by preparing project notes, meeting agendas and minutes, emails, etc.
- Evaluates potential problems and technical issues and develops solutions
- Assists project management leaders in identifying cross-project issues and crossteam concerns related to project management
- Identifies areas for improvement, suggests paths for improvements, and helps implement agreed upon improvements
- Applies project management industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout all phases of a project
- Completes additional tasks as requested
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience coordinating cross-departmental projects
- Experience with project management principles and, ideally, Smartsheet or similar project management software
- Experience working with data metrics to develop charts and graphs is preferred
- Experience working with curriculum content or educational publishing is preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytic and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PPT), Microsoft SharePoint, or other similar distributed storage and collaboration systems
- Willingness to work iteratively in a continuous improvement culture
- Demonstrates personal accountability, urgency, and persistence in completing high-quality work products
- Fosters a culture based on accountability
- Promotes a supportive and collaborative environment across departments when working together on a project
- Remains flexible during periods of rapid change
- Manages activities for multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to anticipate project roadblocks and develop creative solutions both within and across projects to meet goals
- Maintains a positive, professional attitude under tight timelines and with multiple competing priorities
- Remote location in the United States
- Excellent benefits package
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org
. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.