The Project Manager provides leadership for the deployment of PowerSchool systems software. This role has the overall responsibility to keep the deployment plan on track, help check off key milestones and collaborate with the school and district staff as needed. They will handle the initiating and planning for delivering and supporting the implementation of multiple projects, with subprojects of varying scope and size to school districts. This customer-facing position manages various project management functions to ensure accurate and timely completion with high customer satisfaction. This position is involved with communications between the client and PowerSchool resources, scheduling of training, escalating risks, monitoring, and controlling while ensuring high quality and high customer satisfaction throughout the implementation effort.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identify all key stakeholders
- Identify and create project schedule
- Coordinate internal and external project stakeholders
- Monitor key milestone deliverables
- Monitor the project in all aspects (scope, time, costs, risks, quality, etc.)
- Provide client with project plan and testing checklist
- Provide client and internal stakeholders with project updates
- Schedule client training
- Alert leadership to all project risks
- Manage one or more practices
PowerSchool Value | Competency | Key Success Factor
Passion | Self-Driven | Demonstrates confidence and willingness to explore and provide next steps for topics/tasks at hand
Accountability | Quality Minded | Proven track record of high-quality services delivery. Demonstrates ability to align deliverables to scope expectations.
Curiosity | Innovator | Consistently mindful for new and more efficient processes and solutions. Implements new approaches that have greatly improved efficiency.
Teamwork | Collaboration | Communicates constructively with internal and external stakeholders. Executes strong listening skills while being respectful of others input. When contributing within a team, is dependable and reliable. Helps others on team as requested.
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 2+ years prior experience in Project Management, PMP certification required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with an intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Have problem solving and reasoning skills
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Detailed oriented
- Must exhibit professionalism, a positive attitude and enjoy working with clients and various internal teams
Compensation & Benefits
PowerSchool offers the following benefits:
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including Medical, Dental, Vision, Pharmacy benefits, Life Insurance and AD&D)
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Comprehensive 401(k) plan
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unrestricted paid time off (known as Discretionary Time Off - DTO)
- Paid Community and Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Wellness Program, including ClassPass & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Optional Benefits: Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Student Debt Repayment Program and Prepaid Legal coverage
A reasonable estimate of the base compensation range for this position is $65,000-$90,000. The compensation range is specific to the United States and incorporates many factors including but not limited to an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience and training; licensures, degrees, and certifications; internal equity; internal pay ranges; and market data/range parameters.
PowerSchool is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. PowerSchool is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Our inclusive culture empowers PowerSchoolers to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation regarding our recruiting process, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.