Are you ready to shape the future of education while driving unprecedented growth in the dynamic world of K-12 educational technology? We're actively seeking an ambitious and results-driven Regional Sales Manager to make a quantifiable and meaningful difference, not only within our company but also within the schools our solutions will empower.
You will be instrumental in driving our platform sales to new heights, bringing our in-demand solution to schools across the region. If you’re an outgoing, passionate, and determined sales professional with a proven history of surpassing sales objectives, a fervor for educational technology, and a desire to make a difference, we’d love to speak with you about being part of our revolutionary SaaS company that is at the forefront of transforming education.
This is an individual contributor, net new sales position based in Austin, Texas. We offer a healthy scaled commission structure with unlimited earning potential, rewarding your dedication and results. Some travel is required.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Aggressively pursue new customers and opportunities within an assigned region.
- Manages assigned Sales Engineers, resellers, prospects, and customers in assigned region.
- Provides sales training for resellers.
- Schedule and complete weekly activities which include cold calling, phone prospecting and face-to-face meetings. Responds to customer or reseller inquiries in person, via email or telephone.
- Document daily activity in SalesForce to track performance.
- Build strong networks that generate business opportunities
- Assesses customer’s technical needs - asking astute questions and listening to understand, anticipate and exceed their expectations.
- Supports sales and marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other sales and marketing events.
- Make technical presentations demonstrating to potential how Lightspeed’s products(s) solve their needs
- Transform new business opportunities into contracts
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- 3+ years of enterprise technology sales or business development experience with a proven record of success, K-12 education/SLED sales highly preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred
- Technically minded, with an ability to explain technology in simplistic terms
- Strong communication, analytic, and listening skills. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with both internal and external customers at all levels
- Exceptional presentation skills with ability to engage both small and large audiences
- Ability to effectively operate with high-energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- You’re passionate about education and/or EdTech
For over 20 years, Lightspeed Systems® has been a leader in the ever-changing landscape of K-12 learning technology. Lightspeed Systems works with tens of thousands of schools to maximize the safety, mobility, and effectiveness of their students’ learning experience. Every device can be covered with the most effective web filter, student safety monitor, classroom management software, device management tool, and analytics program available. Learn more at www.lightspeedsystems.com
We love our employees, and we show it. A sneak peek into our BENEFITS & PERKS include:
- Health-- Medical, dental and vision insurance with healthy company contribution toward premiums. Lightspeed kicks cash into your HSA if you participate our HDHP.
- Wellness-- Paid parental leave. Healthy holiday and PTO policy, including Christmas to New Year’s Day break.
- Retirement-- 401(k) matching up to 6%
- Other -- Work from where it makes sense. Pet insurance.
ABOUT OUR ATX HQ
If “work from where it makes sense” includes being onsite for you some or all the time, you will LOVE being at the ranch. Our uniquely Lightspeed (and totally Texas) corporate headquarters has everything Lightspeeders need to get the job done – and a whole lot more.
- 15,000 sq. ft. of open work area, offices, and huddle rooms
- A private chef serving up breakfast & lunch Tuesday through Thursday every week
- A state-of-the-art fitness center (with outfitted locker rooms)
- Physical therapist onsite regularly
- Indoor and outdoor casual collaboration spots
- Pet-friendly office environment
- A golf simulator, go-carts, shuffleboard, corn hole, and MORE fun
All within 31 sprawling acres of Live Oak trees that foster a natural habitat for local wildlife. It is not uncommon to be greeted daily by whitetail deer. (Maybe it wants to join your meeting?)