Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
About the Role:
Sales management: Leads team to secure renewals and identify up sell/cross sell opportunities within assigned territories.
Team management: Assists team members in developing strategy and tactics for negotiating renewals, amendments and contract changes
Industry knowledge & insight: Establishes, maintains and shares a deep understanding of regional Academic sector structure and trends, rate of market growth, number and types of competitors, nature and degree of political and legal influences and constraints.
Policy & Process: Works with cross-functional colleagues (Ops, Marketing, Finance), and demonstrates a high attention to detail, to ensure compliance across all team members.
Communication: frequent communication to provide excellent sales management, set goals, identify and act on opportunities, resolve conflict, direct and monitor performance, engage with stakeholders within Wiley and regional markets and contribute to sales targets.
*Although this role is remote, travel will be required across regions*
How you will make an impact:
- Effective management of direct reports in order to attain and exceed sales plan.
- Implement best practices with sales teams in line with our intent to instil a culture of high sales performance.
- Contributes to sales forecasting and oversees reliable renewal opportunity pipeline management.
- Work closely with other Regional Sales Managers to drive the efficient, timely and accurate turnover of customer sales.
- Be familiar with all policies and business terms for Wiley’s different offerings into the Academic sector. Also ensure through the regional team that an appropriate level of familiarity is embedded where it is necessary.
What we look for:
- 4-year undergraduate degree
- 10+ years of experience in the publishing industry
- High fluency around OA trends, in region and globally
- Experience selling and managing complex customer solutions
- Experience managing geographically and culturally diverse teams
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate all qualified applicants and treat all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Wiley is also committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Location/Division: United States
Job Requisition: R2300569
Remote Location: Yes
Time Type: Full Time
US Target Base Pay Range: $87,000 - $127,600