Edmentum is the leading provider of K-12 digital curriculum, assessments, and services to 43,000 schools in all 50 states and over 100 countries worldwide. We partner with educators to create instructional technology that is proven, easy-to-use, individualized, and aligned to state standards. Built on a 60-year history of innovation and impact, we believe that when educators succeed, students thrive, everywhere learning occurs.
At Edmentum, we are committed to building research-based curriculum and assessment solutions that empower educators and improve student outcomes across the globe. The Edmentum Research and Learning Engineering Team is central to fulfilling our commitment to our national and international educators and learners. Each member of our team must be curious, collaborative, and have a passion to conduct best-in-class research to develop and provide evidence of valid, useful educational solutions that truly meet the needs of learners and educators.
The Research Associate will support the execution of Edmentum’s research agenda through contributions to Edmentum’s research studies and other research activities.
This position will entail exceptional collaboration with colleagues in Product Management, Learning and Assessment Design and Sales and Services to execute upon Edmentum’s mission of creating successful student outcomes everywhere learning occurs.
The Research Associate has academic or industry experience conducting research, is excited to gain additional research experience and skills, and works under the supervision of Edmentum’s research scientists and learning engineers on impactful and relevant educational research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Facilitate research studies, including recruiting and enrolling study participants, monitoring study sites and activities to ensure study protocols are being followed, and coordinating research visits to study sites
• In collaboration with psychometric research scientists, create documentation of study protocols
• Leverage statistical software like R, Python, SAS, or Stata to clean data, calculate descriptive statistics, and automate research tasks
• Under direct supervision, support research scientists and learning engineers with various research tasks, such as literature reviews, descriptive data analyses, quality checks, project deliverables, and report and presentation preparation
• Learn basic psychometric procedures and statistics
• Learn to recognize out-of-specification data
• Learn educational research method development and validation
• Input research data from studies into data systems as required
• Participate in scientific conferences as requested
• Facilitate Institutional Review Board (IRB) procedures as appropriate
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, data science, psychology, educational psychology or related field; master’s degree preferred
• Satisfactory completion of at least one course in fundamental statistics or quantitative research
• 1-3 years in a supporting research role. Preferred candidates have experience in educational technology, psychometrics, or learning sciences; experience contributing to research studies as a student may be acceptable depending on specific contributions
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience using R, Python, or other statistical software to analyze data
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytic skills.
• Conducts work with exceptional attention to detail.
• Able to work under tight and/or overlapping deadlines.
• Desire and motivation to learn, with ability to receive and apply feedback.
• Demonstrated success in recruiting and managing research study participants preferred.
• Familiarity with educational technology preferred.
• Familiarity with current trends in education preferred.
Edmentum is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, vendors, and guests. Our organization will comply with all COVID-19 vaccination requirements at a site or facility that requires all employees and contractors who will be performing services. The CDC defines fully vaccinated as being two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 Vaccine or two weeks after the single dose of a one-dose vaccine.
Edmentum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.